The father of the two brothers who apparently responsible for the Boston Marathon terror bombings is saying thathis sons were set up:

Tags: Boston, Marathon, bombs

Views: 2381

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Graham just wants a soundbite to make it sound like he's not the gayest member of the senate in modern times.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, except there's lots wrong when you're such an anti-gay drama queen.

Well, the gayest member of Congress has to be Eric Cantor. 

He will be mirandized eventually. I'm not sure whether not doing it makes any difference. I'm sure that as a recently naturalized American citizen, he already knows all that stuff the cops have to say to him.

So, in other words, the U.S. is continuing its policy of torture first, deny later.  Wow, what a surprise.

well its hard to justify pointing a light infantry division at the parents of these two...broader targets, broader weapons and so on.

Don't be dense, Heather. There will be no torture, especially in a case that's so much in the news. 

How would we even find out if it were psychological torture or done so as to not leave marks...?

Another conspiracy theory begins!

Yeah, Sheikh Khalid Mohammed was never in the headlines, and he only planned some obscure bombings - not like he was the mastermind of 9/11.

Don't fret too much over not being Mirandized.  That's only good for very early, people in jeopardy type stuff.  In this case, it's probably "are there more bombs and where are they?".  For more important interrogation, like "why did you do this" and "who do you know" they will most certainly be Mirandized.

I hope so. I'd really like to see the government use the (legal) system we have and come down hard on him...it's not like you need to send him to Gitmo...lock him up for life and let the other inmates have at. I don't care if he wasn't a "true believer" he is still responsible for allowing and cooperating with the brother. I think that's worse, actually. Unless he was mentally incompetent or being bribed (like, his family would be murdered if he didn't participate), there are no cop outs on bombing innocent civilians. Ok, that was definitely rant-worthy. phew.

FYI from this HuffingtonPost.com article.

Many believe that Russian president Vladimir Putin used the Chechen war and 1999 apartment bombings as a pretext to clamp down on the Southern Caucasus region and consolidate his own power. As Russia prepares for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi--a city near these troubled areas--it is likely that Moscow will work to root out any terrorist threats. Indeed, the Boston events may trigger a crackdown in Russia, where roundups and harassment of Caucasians are common.

Chechnya has stabilized under Russia-backed leadership, but the insurgency spread to neighboring provinces, chiefly Dagestan, where the Tsarnaev brothers reportedly lived and where militants have continued to launch attacks. Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov warned against linking the bombing with Chechnya saying, "Any attempt to draw a connection between Chechnya and Tsarnaevs--if they are guilty--is futile."

The United States backed Russia's territorial integrity during the wars and did not endorse the separatists' desire for an independent state. Washington has also supported Russia's right to combat terrorism--though many in the United States were sympathetic to the anti-Russian freedom fighters in Chechnya, and there has long been concern about Russia's harsh tactics and human rights violations in the region.

The reported identification of the Boston bombers as Chechens may spur increased U.S. support for Moscow's approach to Islamic extremism. Russia has already offered its assistance in the ongoing investigation, and the Boston bombings will likely lead to increased counterterrorism cooperation between the two countries.

This may help to explain why Islamic Chechens could feel a hostility toward the U.S.

RSS

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service