Am I the only one who hides my atheism from my grandma?

She is such a zealot; she'd never understand. 

Who do you hide your nonexistent religious views from? 

Hi! I just joined everyone. :P I hope to really like this place! Hello everyone! :D

Danny.

Views: 179

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I used to be in the same situation as yours. I disclosed it to my dad and mom just recently only to see them shell-struck ! But I think they are gradually coming to terms with it.

Well, rest of my relatives have taken me for an outcast. They don't know I'm an atheist. When they do come to know about that, I'm sure that won't come as a surprise them at least. HA!.

And hey, Welcome! :)

I don't hide my views from anyone. I won't go and introduce myself as an atheist, but if the topic does come up I don't shy away from defending my beliefs.

And most of my family know. They kinda inferred it from by behavior when I was teen. No real problems there. Guess they don't know the real extent of my atheism.

Plus 1! Im pretty much the same. Wont hide it under any circumstances if it arises. And most of my family kinda figured it out a good while ago anyway.

BTW, welcome to TA Daniel
Some old folks just can't take it.
I hide it from most of my family and my mother tells me not to discuss religion with people down here in the south cuz shes scared someone will end up killing or hurting me. So I sit there and just think how ignorant people can be. I even hide it from her girlfriend.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service