Hello members of Think Atheist.  I am about to post a comment I made in the 'The black people' discussion.  

It is as follows.  

"It depends on 'how' you criticize a group of people.  

It is a fact that in the USA , the highest %'s of crime is due to Blacks - and generally there is a positive correlation between the population density of blacks in large cities to an increase in crime rate.  

It is also a fact that most inner city schools are a majority Black.  They also have the lowest test scores.  

It is also a fact that most 'hip-hop' and 'rap' music on the market includes a lot of Black people cursing, and talking about doing drugs in their cars, killing cops, hittin up dem 'hoes', dropping out of school, etc. 

It is also a fact that there are many Blacks in this country who openly speak out about the Black community and criticize them ... and rightfully so.  

But this is obviously not because they are Black.  It is because of social and economic reasons.  You need to be careful how you analyze the situation - to say these symptoms are because they are 'Black' is just disgustingly ignorant.  But the fact does remain that blacks are a problem in the USA communities.  

My uneducated reason for this - is because after slavery was abolished - Black people were still either feared / hated / put down / segregated , etc ... and only in the past few decades have they started to be accepted as 'human beings' by the vast majority of whites.  

But I will say publically that they are not doing their job as a group in our country to better themselves and to make great lives for their children.  Many are too busy putting down education - getting involved in drugs - getting young teen women pregnant (or getting themselves pregnant) - and paying too much attention to popular black media that makes millions of dollars every year keeping blacks in their same positions.  

It's not cool to impregnate - be a drug dealer - talk about killing cops - breaking the law - poppin bottles in da ice like a blizzard - or using extremely vulgar language - or using a form of music lyric ebonix.  

With all that said, if evidence was put forth that white populations were in fact less intelligent - this would easily be accepted.  If it points to Blacks - riots would occur.  I personally believe that Black people as a race are stronger - bigger - more athletic compared to their white / asian counterparts.  This is easily observed.  

Why can't the IQ or intelligence also be relative?  I'm not saying it's true - I'm just saying it's a possibility - as I assume intelligence is part of the genes.  As is your height - weight - etc.  

Fire away at me - I'm sure most of you who criticize my post will have misread it thinking I'm being racist - when in fact I'm not.  

"

Ok, so my question is - does this comment of mine exhibit racism?

I would honestly like to know your opinions.

Just as Atheists say they are 'open' to evidence that Gods exist - so I am 100% open to discovering a certain racial group may have increased or decreased intelligence. I in no way was saying anything remotely close to implying Black people are less intelligent as a 'race'. If my comment implied this, I apologize. But I don't think it does.

I am only posting this because I believe I am being unjustly flamed by another forum member. I did not result to name calling , or flaming in any such way. I expressed an opinion , however 'racist' that opinion may be, I leave it up to the reader. But even so, I don't believe it justifies the response given by said forum member. I also apologize if posting a new discussion is improper forum etiquette , as the other discussion is a bit confusing to read, with the other poster and myself flaming / defending each others posts.

Thanks again.

Views: 136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

http://www.newnation.org/NNN-Black-on-White.html

http://www.racismeantiblanc.bizland.com/005/06-02.htm

"Blacks are safer today when they are amongst whites than when they are among their own community." (Think about this!) 

Yeah, white people treat blacks so inhumanely ... Yawn. 

You know why white people don't go to the inner city at night by themselves?  Because it's literally a choice between Life and Death.  

The statistics show that Black men purposefully hunt down and seek out whites for most of their 'violent' crimes.  Because most black communities have very few white people in them - black people must literally go out of their way to accomplish these horrible crimes.  

Black on white crime is a REAL issue.  Anyone who says otherwise has an agenda.  

http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/homicide/race.cfm

7 times more likely to commit homicide!!!

If you look closely - blacks have an exorbitantly high % for homicide due to drugs ... maybe THAT is why there are more incarcerations for black drug 'users' ... COUGH ... oh sorry ... I meant to say drug DEALERS.  

The term 'users' is mistaken.  Black people are the ones more likely to be dealing cocaine - than using it.  

Blacks also have a higher rate of returning to crime.  2.4 previous convictions for the typical average black person compared to 1.8 for the typical average white person.  

http://www.hrw.org/en/news/2002/02/26/us-incarceration-rates-reveal...

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/opinion/columnists/w...

Blacks commit 52% of ALL murders.  Yes, those poor black people are just being 'put down by whitey'.  That means out of all murders in the USA , 52% of them were committed by Blacks.  When about 12% of the entire population is Black.  

Granted, I do realize that if a vast majority of Black males are sent to prison - then their communities have less black males to sustain them - with the children of the black males without a father ... this is a systemic problem, obviously.  But what to do?  

I think the prison system itself needs to be seriously reexamined.  

So overall, blacks target whites to an almost sickeningly amount more than whites target blacks for violent crimes.  

We need to stop this vocal and viral strain that teaches White people are 'putting down' the blacks.  

In the end, the blacks need to be held accountable for their high crime rates.  Call it incarceration if you will, but if I was a police officer, and I knew most drug dealers were black skinned, I would be pulling over black skinned people as well.  

If I was a Judge, and I knew blacks had a much higher rate of repeated crime - I would use the sentences necessary.  

Flame away.  

Sir, with all due respect, I thought I already examined those statistics.  

In the one link - it shows a very high rate of homicide due to drug relations.  This means black people are more likely to murder other blacks (or whites) due to drug relations.  

I'm pretty sure there is also a debate about whether or not the term 'user' is even correct.  When you are dealing the cocaine - that is no longer 'using'.  Sure, the 'users' could be the same % , but I'm willing to bet more blacks are into the dealing part of it - than whites - or perhaps white people are just better at not getting caught (which is ALSO not very evidential)

If one color skinned group is more likely to murder others over drugs compared to another color skinned group - I find there is justification in targeting a certain skin color. 

Just like if White people were more likely to sell cocaine - and commit violent crimes due to drug relations - I'd be pulling whitey over as well.  

I'm also guessing the blacks that get pulled over aren't always pulled over by white officers.  Hmmm .... statistics for that would be interesting.  

Also, as the article mentions, 2.4 compared to 1.8 for previous convictions.  

It's not my fault blacks would statistically have a higher number of previous convictions which would tend to give them a higher incarceration rate.  

These types of statistics go a long way to explaining why we have a "war on drugs" and why marijuana is illegal.  Drug laws, especially marijuana laws, are simply tools that can be used to enforce racial and economic discrimination.  Once again, as with religion, it's all about power--one group dishonestly using our society's supposedly legitimate mechanisms to elevate itself over other groups.

and I think it's a travesty if any black man is sentenced for marijuana use.  But white people get sentenced for the same thing.  

everything I've read so far is talking about cocaine though.  

But I'm not sure your conspiracy theory is correct.  

You're saying white people are intentionally creating laws to subjugate black people?  I find that a bit hard to believe ... 

"If I was a Judge, and I knew blacks had a much higher rate of repeated crime - I would use the sentences necessary."

It's a good thing you aren't.

Actually the laws themselves give higher weights to repeated offenders.  It's the system.  Blame that.  

If I was a Judge, I would follow those laws.  So I find that to be a good trait in a Judge.  

Just like if a white guy had 6 previous convictions.  I'd slam my hammer down, and get rid of him.  

Skin has nothing to do with it.  

LoL, yeah, it kind of does.  Too bad I can't edit that.  

Freudian slip?  Hmm ... 

Skin color has a lot to do with whether or not criminal charges are ever pursued in the first place.

Evidence please?  

If my brother was murdered by a white man - is he going to get a special pass and get let go because he is white?  

If my sister was raped by the flying spaghetti monster tentacles - would that thing get a special pass? 

I think you're trying to say criminal charges in relation to drugs.  As that seems to be a big motif in these discussions.  

And I already gave reasons as to why this is so. 

But he lumped together 'conviction rate' without specifying where most of those are coming from.  

I put forth statistics that speak about 'other' types of offenses and violent crimes.  

I also mentioned that as I read in some articles, the blacks are more likely to be DEALING, not just using.  I also mentioned that homicide rates are statistically higher in regards to drug relations ... meaning blacks are more likely to kill due to drug relations.  

Those 2 things combined, I don't see why it's an issue.  

Perhaps it is true blacks are easier to see when you're sitting in a Police Vehicle - bored - with nothing to do.  

But I also think there is a legitimate reason blacks get convicted more often. 

Not just drugs.  Serious, violent crime will cause the police to pursue the criminal almost regardless of race, but there is sometimes an element of racism in law enforcement even with regard to those crimes.  More important, is the fact that whites are usually sufficiently empowered in other ways and thus use different criminal activities to achieve their goals.  Whites don't hold up liquor stores; they run "hedge funds".  Whites don't commit murder; they pull the strings of power or use gossip to ruin their victim's life instead.

Based on my personal, subjective experience, whites commit as much crime as blacks but it's less dramatic and tends to be overlooked both for that reason and because the perpetrators are white. 

So now you're arguing that white people get away with their illegal acts more because they have 'support' ... really!? 

I suppose if you want to talk about merely breaking the law - I'm talking about 'Violent' crimes.  

Homicide rates , murder rates , things like attacking victims. 

I'm obviously not saying that Blacks have an 'anger gene'.  I'm saying that this is a REAL issue - and to call it 'racist' for pointing it out - seems to be in a way a form of enabling.  

RSS

Forum

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Heather Spoonheim 10 hours ago. 13 Replies

Why do we tolerate this?

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Virgil 21 hours ago. 65 Replies

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by Belle Rose 23 hours ago. 71 Replies

Blog Posts

Creationists Dispute

Posted by Fouad on December 24, 2014 at 7:26am 1 Comment

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service