Hey everyone,

This is my first post on here and I have a rather simple question for you all.  I do not know how maany of you willl be able to answer this , but I have wondered why some people choose to be an "agnostic" rather than an "atheist".  I myself am an atheist and i have just always wondered why some people have chosen to be agnostic over atheist.

Tags: Why, agnostic, atheist, be, rather, than

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Exposure to "other" ideas is a very relative term. Most Brits or French need only travel a couple of hours by car to be immersed in a completely different culture. Yet, some people still manage to never leave home.

In North America, one can travel 4-5 days non-stop by car and still not be exposed to a "other" culture. One can easily understand why "country bumpkins" have higher rates of religiosity than city folk or multi-national regions. Lack of exposure can be, on certain topics, a great hindrance in life.

My issue with agnosticism is that it gives extra credibility to the deity-theory that people just don't give to any other theory and makes you very hypocritical. IE: "Well I don't know either way if a deity exists, but those aliens? That can't possibly be real." 
I give deities the exact same scrutiny I give to any other theory. Pink unicorn? Show me the bones. Aliens? Get some pictures and establish contact or something. Gods? Show them breaking universal laws to me.

RSS

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 1 Comment

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service