I signed up to be an organ donor a while back because I know there is a shortage of them and hopefully i'll be able to help someone once I'm gone. I remember asking my mom if she would do it and she had the "hell no" look on her face. She gave no reason why she wouldn't, but the last thing I want to do is press my beliefs on someone else.
I was just thinking about cemeteries and they seem like a waste of land and money. I know they give people comfort ,but gosh. I just kinda dislike meaningless traditions.
I know cremation and donating your body to medical science are alternatives to burials, but does anyone know any others or have any opinions on it?

Views: 457

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Humans have this nasty habit of considering themselves outside of nature. I totally agree with organ donation, but I also believe that cremation is the way to go. Once I die, I'll have my organs donated for those who need them, and I'll have my body cremated and my ashes scattered in a forest or some virgin place of nature. I think that I, as a life-form, can make a final contribution of myself by helping nature by providing nutrients. That way, the human body goes "full-circle" from misc. organic nutrients, to a growing embryo, to a child, to an adult, to a corpse, then back to misc. organic nutrients. 

RSS

Forum

israel- i need to vent

Started by Wassabi in Politics. Last reply by Jake LaFort 1 hour ago. 22 Replies

I don't understand Brexit

Started by Belle Rose in Politics. Last reply by Davis Goodman yesterday. 24 Replies

Questioning the nature of friendship

Started by Shane Michaels in Small Talk. Last reply by TJ on Thursday. 9 Replies

Messin' with the god folks

Started by Richard Foster in Politics Jun 25. 0 Replies

Events

Blog Posts

Blasphemistan

Posted by navid on June 29, 2016 at 2:00pm 8 Comments

Pride Parade & Muslims

Posted by navid on June 27, 2016 at 4:30am 3 Comments

Services we love!

© 2016   Created by umar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service