I signed up to be an organ donor a while back because I know there is a shortage of them and hopefully i'll be able to help someone once I'm gone. I remember asking my mom if she would do it and she had the "hell no" look on her face. She gave no reason why she wouldn't, but the last thing I want to do is press my beliefs on someone else.
I was just thinking about cemeteries and they seem like a waste of land and money. I know they give people comfort ,but gosh. I just kinda dislike meaningless traditions.
I know cremation and donating your body to medical science are alternatives to burials, but does anyone know any others or have any opinions on it?

Views: 394

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Humans have this nasty habit of considering themselves outside of nature. I totally agree with organ donation, but I also believe that cremation is the way to go. Once I die, I'll have my organs donated for those who need them, and I'll have my body cremated and my ashes scattered in a forest or some virgin place of nature. I think that I, as a life-form, can make a final contribution of myself by helping nature by providing nutrients. That way, the human body goes "full-circle" from misc. organic nutrients, to a growing embryo, to a child, to an adult, to a corpse, then back to misc. organic nutrients. 

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service