The point of this discussion is to get people’s perspective on abortion. Why people do it. And why people are against it.

From Catholic.org I found a video on abortion, but it didn’t look like the normal procedures performed in the United States. It looks like they purposely chose the worst pictures possible to convince Christians that abortion is wrong. Where did they get such graphic material?

Video Link: http://www.catholic.org/video/watch.php?v=13

A legal abortion in the United States looks more like this: http://www.thisismyabortion.com

I believe if you get pregnant by accident that you should keep it. But if you are forced (rape) (incest) then it definitely changes things. How can we force her to bring a rapist’s baby to term? I also heard that giving birth to a rapist’s baby is like being raped all over again.

I think that making abortion illegal is wrong. This takes away women’s rights. I believe women should choose, but I think it’s recommended that women take counseling before taking any action.

This is my opinion, but I would like to know others point of view on the subject.

I got two questions for you:

1. Are you Pro-Choice or Pro-Life?
  2. How was your decision made? Basically, why are you Pro-Choice? Why Pro-Life?

Tags: abortion, prochoice, prolife

Views: 695

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is a false choice.  Everyone is pro-life.  I think that women have the right to control their bodies and not have unwanted children.  Those calling themselves pro-life are really anti-choice.  I am pro-choice.

I think abortion is okay. I am not against it. George Carlin actually has a brilliant video on YouTube about this topic, go check it out! I think nobody says it better than him. I used to be against abortion when I was a teenager, but I think that every woman has a choice to do it or not. If you do not have the means to provide for the child, then why have a baby? And in cases like rape etc, i am totally for it. The world has 7 billion people on it, abortion of fetuses will not make that number go down. And abortion must be done within 8 weeks. In cases where mothers get an abortion after 7 months, mmm.., I dont support because then the fetus have developed too much and has all the features of a baby...

RSS

Forum

The Elephant in the Room...

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck 2 hours ago. 18 Replies

A relapse.....

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Ed 3 hours ago. 1 Reply

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by Pope Beanie 5 hours ago. 60 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service