In this discussion I would like to talk about abortion. It is always something I have felt very strong about and would argue to the ends of the earth on. I have always been Pro-Life, always. Ever since I became an Atheist, this topic keeps popping up in my head. Since it is something I have not wanted to confront, I have been pushing it to the back burner. Now that I have given it some thought I would like to tell you where I used to stand and where I stand now. When I was a Christian my thought process was "Abortion is Never the right choice unless the mother and child will both die." So even if the child were to survive and the mother dies, abortion is still not the right choice. Some might even consider that murder, I guess. To answer this question I'm sure someone will ask, Yes I would have and still would give up my life for my child. Well, now I'm sort of seeing things a bit different. If a female gets raped and gets pregnant from it, abortion is ok, (sad all the way around - for everyone).  If a woman chooses to abort a baby due to the risk to the mothers life, Ok. If the baby will have a very very very difficult life and in turn make the parents have an equally difficult life, ok. To me abortion is a horrible thing, if someone wants to have an abortion just because oops I got preggo. That is horrible. If you don't want kids do everything in your power to NOT get pregnant. Simple as that. Life is a beautiful an precious thing, and yes I do believe it is special.  Any and All comments are welcome :)

Tags: abortion, pro-choice, pro-life

Views: 3783

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I prefer more oak trees, less human beings.  The positive aspect of abortion.  The Christians state there has been a total of 50 million abortions since Roe vs Wade.  Now that's 50 million less on welfare, unemployment and other social services they despise.

Spot on.

Abortion is bad!!!  It kills babies!! You're all gonna burn in Hell!!!!

Welcome to Think Atheist, Christian Resurgence.

Threatening an atheist with Hell is like threatening a grown up with sending them to Monopoly Jail as a punishment for not being willing to play. But, why are you telling us this, are you concerned about our afterlife?

ROTFLMFAO!

LOL. Get a grip.

'Hell' is pretty much an empty threat. We, as Atheists, do not believe in the exsistence of hell and as a result it just makes us laugh when someone threatens us to burn there for all eternity.

You can waste your life fearing a non-exsistant place, but we choose not to go that route. If we are wrong, we are wrong, but we choose to take on that responsibility for ourselves. It's not your responsibility to concern yourself withe the choices that others make, why can't you see that?

Not to mention, do you even know how rude and irrational you come across when you post things like: Abortion is bad!!!  It kills babies!! You're all gonna burn in Hell!!!!'? Do you care that it makes you seem like a very inconsiderate person? Don't you want people to like you? I really don't understand the rationale here. Why is it OK for you to treat people this way? I'll tell you: it's not OK. It's not good and it's not moral. If your goal is to be a moral person, you are failing.

Abortion kills babies?!?

No it doesn't... a baby is born. Walks, talks. What you're thinking of is a fetus.

You know, those things that AREN'T born?

Ahhhh atheists...when will you learn. :)

Xian resurgence,we'll learn when your non-existent hell freezes over.

I kinda love how smug and self-righteous this comment sounds in my head!

oh no wait...that might be because it is smug and self righteous

RSS

Forum

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by Davis Goodman 42 minutes ago. 63 Replies

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Physeter 52 minutes ago. 11 Replies

A relapse.....

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 2 hours ago. 7 Replies

The Elephant in the Room...

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Belle Rose 3 hours ago. 25 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service