How would it look like?

I would like some high-quality brainstorming on this. The more accurate thoughts the better. 

Tags: God, no, world

Views: 900

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll have to disagree with you there. 

I don't think there would be peace, because not ALL wars are based on religion. Sure, a lot of them are, but there also were a lot of wars over pure economic or territorial reasons. WW1 and WW2 weren't over religion.  (At least, not that I know of)

But still, the world would be a better place, according to me. Not a utopia, but still a great place.

The holocaust wasnt religious?

Hmm...Bad Example, indeed.

But at least World War 1 wasn't.

Just trying to say here, that not ALL war is based on religion, only about 99.9%.

Because I really don't believe that mankind can ever live in peace. Emotions like jealousy, hate, anger, and others will still continue to exist, with or without religion.

This is very hard to imagine. Even back before the modern religions came about, humans worshiped powerful nature: the sun, the moon, the sea and the stars. And since humans anthropomorphize, they  gave those natural powers human characteristics and names.

I agree with the other posters that science would be more advanced than it is now, but I think that humans would still be superstitious to a high degree. That said, I don't think that superstition would be mandatory, but some people would be upset when others do things that go against their superstitions/beliefs.

I'm just brainstorming here, so not sure if that made any kind of sense.

Atheist.

One word: beautiful.

Now...I need to read the responses....

To answer more thoroughly than the immediate mental imagery...

A world without *god* (by whatever name) would mean -hopefully- a world without people committing atrocities in the name of said god. Human animals, being what we are and acting according to our nature, are capable of some rather horrific things without religion as a justification. Religion is one of those weird things that has evolved on a global scale - depending where on earth (and what point in history) we consider.  Getting rid of religion / god alone, though, is not enough.

Have to get rid of adversarial politics, too. That, however, is not something I see ever happening. We are political animals - and there is a divide, from my perspective. The divide is between people who may dislike change, but are willing to roll with it...and those who fear change, and are willing to kill&die to preserve the status quo. In the United States, for instance, we've been contending with this dichotomy since before the Civil War. The teabag brigade is a prominent example of this dichotomy...the mentality of the vast majority of the teabaggers are devout (specifically SBC) and racist - they fear and loathe change...and are fighting to "take the country back" - to some time before 1959, if not straight back to the Stone Age.

It would look just like the one we have now.

A world without god will be like China. Main objective in life=power. Strong will survive, weak will die.

Large scale Racism. People will form groups based on race, creed and colour.

Human experimentation will be the norm.

Physically, mentally strong people will rule.

Money=main reason for living.

People will get freedom to do anything or everything they like.

@orpat 

Sounds to me like you're actually describing a world with religion. 

No, I am describing a world without religion. I currently live in a society which is almost without religion. People near me make fun of God here. I used to do that too(untill I became a victim myself). 

At that time, I didn't discriminate people on the basis of religion.But on the base of race.

Racism is the biggest disease/threat for humanity. 

Well old superstitious beliefs like 'god' are a joke here where I live, and people are nothing like you described.  There is racism, I'm certain, but it isn't a strong component of this community at all.  When you say human experimentation, I can only think of some strange sci-fi movie concept, not the world in which I live.  Physically/mentally strong people ruling has always been the way of things for us - these days it's far more about mental strength than physical though.  Money is too high of a priority for a lot of people, as everywhere, but it certainly isn't the only reason people have for living.  Surprisingly, with religion dying out here, laws aren't being erased at all.

I think you have no idea what you are talking about - it sounds to me as though you suffer from god-psychosis.

RSS

Forum

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 7 hours ago. 40 Replies

where when how who why ?

Started by aubrey knows nothing * in Small Talk. Last reply by Davis Goodman 7 hours ago. 5 Replies

I don't know what to say

Started by Belle Rose in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Ward Cressin 12 hours ago. 2 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service