Question for the atheists...
Is it really true that you think we are just food for the worms?
SO is it ok for you, that when you die, your body will be thrown into a dump site?
Anyway, it don't possess a soul. We don't have to live for 'something', so our life ends at death, and we are 'nothing' after death. A picture would be enough as 'memory'.
Just curious.
Thank you. ;-).

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Isn't it those of the Jewish persuasion who are so adamant about making sure all of the recoverable tissues of the deceased are gathered together?
Well, some boundaries are more permeable than others...
ahm.. sorry if i didn't post back as soon you want me to. i'm a student and currently taking a degree so you see im quite busy to log in and to read your answers. after posing this question, i just log in back today... hmmm... so, sorry for making you conclude that i 'freaked out'... =).
we burry people properly, obviously, as what science is telling us, dead human body is not good for our health, that's why in accordance with such science (as we interpret it), we burry it around 7 meters below the earth.. Also, we burry them properly in cemeteries to remind us how finite life is...
How do you prevent the bodies from becoming worm food? Or by being consumed by other life forms, like bacteria? I assume that you do something to somehow prevent this during your proper burial?
we allow it. ;-).
Okay, good! I was feeling bad for all the hungry critters. ;-)
and by the way, its acceptable for us to donate body parts when we die. ;-).
Hi JAM
I'm going to Harvard Medical School.

When I die, I will be a cadaver for medical students so thank me now if you ever visit a doctor when you're ill.

I'm sorry you carry such fear with you throughout your life that you are unable to face the fact that you will be dead and gone one day like the raccoon by the highway's edge.
Speaking for myself as an atheist, I am free from guilt for my enjoyment of this precious, on-shot life I am living. I stop and enjoy (and photograph ) the beautiful fall leaves. That's me in Paris by the Eiffle Tower last month.
I remember my dad and his passing last year and I take that moment to call my daughter, a friend to say I am glad I know you because...
I always wonder how a believer finds their way to this website. You're looking to get FREE aren't you JAM?
face the fact that you will be dead and gone one day like the raccoon by the highway's edge.

A British friend of mine once asked: "Why is it that your American Opossum comes to the side of the road to die?"
I drive fresh Kill Hill everyday. Its a menagerie. Skunk mating season is the worst. And I have never seen a living armadillo.
I seem to remember some comedian does a bit about how there's no such thing as a living armadillo...
hello. ;-).
i passed by this site for educational purposes.
i don't really fear death that way, it's just that i'm curious how you treat the dead.
yes, just like you i try to question many things about religions and 'no religions'.
not really, i find my religion 'scientific' although many have misconceptions about it.

RSS

Forum

What would happen...

Started by Griffin Buckerfield in Small Talk. Last reply by Simon Mathews 2 hours ago. 5 Replies

The Shinto Flower among the Weeds of Religion

Started by Cato Rigas in Advice. Last reply by Simon Mathews 3 hours ago. 4 Replies

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 21 hours ago. 15 Replies

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 1 Comment

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service