Question for the atheists...
Is it really true that you think we are just food for the worms?
SO is it ok for you, that when you die, your body will be thrown into a dump site?
Anyway, it don't possess a soul. We don't have to live for 'something', so our life ends at death, and we are 'nothing' after death. A picture would be enough as 'memory'.
Just curious.
Thank you. ;-).

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ah, Heinlein. :)
Hail Heinlein!
Well, personally I think I'll probably be cremated rather than "thrown into a dump site", but it doesn't really matter to me how my body is disposed of, since I'll be dead at that stage.

As far as the soul goes: if you mean an eternal soul which magically carries on after death and goes off to paradise or (presumably more likely in my case) hell, then no I don't believe in that. Why would I? Because someone wrote it in a book? People have written all sorts of things about what happens after death in books - at most one of them is correct; I think it more likely that it is just lights out and that's it, but I may be proved wrong when it is too late.

So yes, I think that the most likely thing is that when you die you are just a piece of dead meat, just like any other animal.

RSS

Blog Posts

My Dad and the Communist Spies

Posted by Brad Snowder on August 20, 2014 at 2:39pm 2 Comments

Breaking Free

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 20, 2014 at 9:56am 5 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service