I have a question for those that haven't been part of any religion or haven't believed that there is any god for at least 15-20 years. What has changed since you decided to stop being part of a religion and made up your mind that a god does not exist? Can you see any major improvements? Are we actually making any progress at all? I just like the opinions of people that have been free of religion for several years to see what has actually changed in a bigger interval.

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought the whole world would awaken realise along with me to the simple truth that religion is just primitive superstition

That's a good one, I was born atheist, been atheist for 45 years, and still get that feeling on a daily basis!!!! wow, that's kinda sad :(

I don't call it enlightenment tho, I actually despise that word, it has too much spiritual mumbo jumbo connotation attached to it. I don't see humanity as going forward per se, simply in a different direction. Humanity is not getting better per se, we're simply getting bigger.

As a born atheist who never adopted religion, nothing has changed for me personally.

However, on a global scale, I am concerned that more and more people are killing for religion.  Maybe it is merely that the number of years have piled up, or maybe it is the 9/11 and post 9/11 killings, but I think it is more essential than ever that atheists speak the truth and try to convince the insane religious majority to give up their murderous myths.

More people in the USA every single year due to Big-Ag food poisoning than have ever died thru terrorism.

Anti-terrorist policies should be very very low on our public agendas. There are many other more pressing reasons to fight religion than the very remote threat of terrorism.

Most people in the world are not dying due to religion but due to greedy fiscal policies imposed by the international banking system and USA and Chinese imperialism. With people like Bush, I was never convinced of any true religiosity on his part, I think he was just a dumb fuck with the right bloodlines and talented political advisers who knew exactly what words to put in his mouth to give him such unlimited power that he wielded.

They could put those words there, but they didn't often come out in order.  When they did, he strutted like he had just scored a touch down.
Lol, he did strut, but it was nothing compared to Denzel's swagger :)

RSS

Forum

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 7 hours ago. 40 Replies

where when how who why ?

Started by aubrey knows nothing * in Small Talk. Last reply by Davis Goodman 7 hours ago. 5 Replies

I don't know what to say

Started by Belle Rose in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Ward Cressin 12 hours ago. 2 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service