While perusing the pages of Twitter, I came across an individual who was rather adamant that not only is atheism a religion, but christianity is NOT. Now, I’ve heard the “atheism is a religion” line and that one no longer surprises me, but claiming that christianity is not a religion is new to me and completely baffling. When probed further, they were unable to offer any defensible position. Their rational went like this: “Christianity is not a religion for the same reasons that atheism is a religion.”  Is this something specific to this one nut-job, or is it the latest  christian ploy? Anyone else encounter this level of delusion?

Views: 276

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Seems like one of the many irrational viewpoints that many religious people present. The argument posed is baseless in logical discussion/debate. When this type of discourse is offered up in discussion or debate, I do not fall into it. It is not worth the time, or the energy to proceed any further with such an individual. Many viewpoints and points of argument from the mouths and written words of the religious baffle my sense of logic and developed common sense.

The statement that Atheism is a religion is like the opinion that not having the hobby of collecting stamps is a some how a hobby.

Jeff ( from the sometimes irrational state of Arizona)

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

A fun test for all you ex-Christians

Started by Emperor Milos in Music. Last reply by Gallup's Mirror 1 hour ago. 3 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service