A-HOLES - couldn't they have waited for tranquilizers?

I am utterly disgusted...this idiot commits suicide and lets all his wild animals out (since apparently in Ohio you can own all kinds of wild animals) but the police decide to shoot them all dead - from horses, kangaroos and other wild animals. Couldn't they have simply warned everyone to stay inside and wait a couple of hours for wildlife officials to come with tranquilizers? I feel utterly disgusted

Tags: animals, wild

Views: 303

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Uncool. However, the authorities did the right thing. It makes me sad to say, but it's true.

I'm not bothered that much about them shooting the animals. Its unfortunate, but what can you do? Though, I know some of those officers are going to brag about how they killed a tiger and shit like that, and that makes me angry.

@ Kris

Buying a toy (motorcycle, sports car) and killing yourself with it is one thing. But to buy an animal that soon grows and possesses the predatory instincts to kill you after one false move is lunacy. Legislation is needed to restrict naive people from acquiring these types of animals. A sanctuary run by professionals is where they need to reside. In the end the animal always loses because a naive human wanted to be their intimate friend.

Huh?  I never said there shouldn't be legislation.

@ Kasu

I am not fond of zoos and caging animals. There is a trend to open up the zoo's confinement areas of these creatures and allow them to interact more with their environment. That is a positive step. The reality is that eventually all big cats will reside in sanctuaries/zoos due to loss of natural habitat. Less than 500 tigers remain in India's countryside IIRC. Homo sapiens insatiable desire to reproduce is having a huge impact on bio-diversity.

I was just having a discussion about this on another site. It's simply sickening. While the guy that had them caged is initially at fault, there was so much that the police could have done to avoid this massacre. Close the town, tell everyone to stay inside, track the animals from police cruisers during the night, maybe even pile up raw meat for them to eat through the night. They would have been able to keep them localized, feeding them enough would probably mellow them, or even make them nap. When daylight comes, let people who know what they're doing tranquilize them, rather than letting trigger-happy cops get their kicks. If you are getting charged at by a bear, than you only have one option. But preemptively killing the animals was unnecessary and disgusting. Plus, isn't killing 18 Bengal Tigers the equivalent of 34-35 million people given global populations?

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 14 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service