600 Pound Woman Is Trying To Gain Another 400 Pounds

Donna Simpson currently weighs 600 pounds, so she's going on a diet in hopes of reaching what she considers her ideal weight: 1,000 pounds. The 42-year-old mother, a resident of Old Bridge, NJ, consumes a whopping 12,000 calories a day in an effort to reach her goal.

Simpson already holds the Guinness World Record for world's fattest mother. She insists she's healthy despite the fact that she cannot walk more than 20 feet independently.

The grocery bills frequently reach $750 a week and Simpson supports her diet with money earned from a website where people pay to watch her eat. Her husband, Phillipe, who weighs a 150 pounds, fully supports her plans.

"I love eating and people love watching me eat,"she said. "It makes people happy, and I'm not harming anyone."

But experts say tax payers could end up paying for Simpson's resulting health problems.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/16/donna-simpson-nj-woman-ea_...

So, what do you all think about this lady?

Views: 302

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hope she eats herself to death.
That is insane!
I cant believe they call obesity a disease...
The News Media shouldn't have even covered this story.
"where people pay to watch her eat."
nasty. I would pay to watch her jump off a bridge...
She'd make a helluva splash...
Who said the bridge was over water? lol.
I don't think it matters. There will still be a splash.
Donald,

As somebody who has dealt with obesity his entire life, I take some offence to your comment. What this woman is doing is very wrong and very dumb, but it is not right to generalize and put ll obese people in the same category as one crazy woman. My entire life I have battled my "demons" and tried to lose weight and get healthy. It is extremely hard to do. Granted, I wouldn't call any addiction a disease, but your comment makes obesity seem like an easy choice.
"seem like an easy choice"
It is an easy choice. May be hard work... but an easy choice.
(easy work if you never put on too much weight in the first place.)

"I take some offence to your comment"
its spelled offense, and the truth hurts.

Its physics, don't put food in your mouth, and it wont end up on your belly...
Spend less time on the computer, and more time exercising.
"But its not that simple!", Yes It Is.

"My entire life I have battled my "demons""
What demons?
"Oh, i want cake, but its bad for me, so Im not going to eat any." Done. whats the issue?
its spelled offense, and the truth hurts.

If you're going to nitpick spelling, at least check your own first. "It's" is a contraction of "it" and "is". "Its" is the possessive form of "it". Also, "offence" is an accepted spelling of the word.

"Oh, i want cake, but its bad for me, so Im not going to eat any." Done. whats the issue?

Well, the primary issue is likely that you're looking at physics when you should be looking at biology and psychology.
10 points to Kris!
Don....your Just World Theory is a fallacy. See Kris' post for clues on why you are being a clueless ass.
"It is an easy choice. May be hard work... but an easy choice.
(easy work if you never put on too much weight in the first place.)"
When you are a child and your parents force you to eat a large amount of food that is unhealthy it no longer becomes a choice. I was abused if I did not finish all of my food. As I stated before, my entire life I have dealt with obesity and that is because as a child I was force fed unhealthy food in large amounts. I had no choice in the matter.

"its spelled offense, and the truth hurts."
Actually, as Kris points out, offence is an acceptable spelling. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offense

"Its physics, don't put food in your mouth, and it wont end up on your belly.."
Actually, it is more about the psychology and biology. (As Kris pointed out.) Here are some sources you may wish to check out:
http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/mental-health-food-addiction
http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayFulltext?type=1&fid...
http://liv-lite.com/psychology.asp

"Spend less time on the computer, and more time exercising. "But its not that simple!", Yes It Is."
Outside of my job I spend less than an hour on my computer and watch only about 5 hours of Television a week. (Sometimes less.) I spend 45 minutes to an hour doing cardio 6 days out of the week and I spend 20 minutes doing weight training 6 days out of the week.

""My entire life I have battled my "demons"" What demons?"
As I explained above, physical abuse and being force fed unhealthy food in large amounts from a young age. I also have issues with depression, a metabolism deficiency, and a limited income. The limited income comes into play when healthy food costs nearly two to three times as much as the unhealthy food.

""Oh, i want cake, but its bad for me, so Im not going to eat any." Done. whats the issue?"
The issue is that I do not eat fast foods, junk foods, drink soda, eat desserts, or eat anything pre packaged. I usually only eat fresh fruist and vegetables, whole grains, white meats and fish. I only drink water, unsweetened teas, fresh juice, and light soy milk. I eat less food than most of my skinny friends.

Donald,
The issue is I am a healthy guy. I eat right and exercise more than most people I know. Yet, I am still morbidly obese. I am not lazy. I am not dumb. I work hard and am constantly on the move. Even with all of this, I still have weight issues. When people judge me without knowing the facts it really makes me mad. I believe I have a reason to be mad. Even if I was a lazy guy who ate bad food, would that give you a justifiable reason to impose your hate speech on me or others? As a free thinker, I would hope that you wouldn't blindly hate and judge others, but would instead work to better understand the facts and work to help people.
I wouldn't want to watch her, or anyone else, jump off a bridge, but I do think she's a wacko. Unfortunately though, so are many others and we have to accept that. Tax payers will probably end up paying her resulting health problems, but that's how things work in our society.

Personally, I don't understand people who are obese. It's true that some gain weight easier than others, but many of the morbidly obese persons don't even try to stay within some boundaries regarding their weight. I guess that the consequences of obesity doesn't bother them as much as the thought of making some exercise.
The grocery bills frequently reach $750 a week and Simpson supports her diet with money earned from a website where people pay to watch her eat. Her husband, Phillipe, who weighs a 150 pounds, fully supports her plans.

This is something I always wonder about when stories of record breaking obesity come up. How much does it cost them to maintain their diet, and where do they find the money? I assumed in certain cases it could be partially explained by eating inexpensive foods or buying in bulk. The logistics of it all seems so foreign to me. The psychology of it all seems like it would be fascinating, but I find that conversations surrounding morbid obesity rapidly degenerate into attempts to either vilify or martyr people.

RSS

Blog Posts

How did that happen?

Posted by Belle Rose on December 19, 2014 at 4:36am 6 Comments

Pabst Blue Ribbon to the rescue!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 9:33pm 0 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service