Your list seems more like "50 Things Everyone Should Learn About". If that's the topic, I'd add things like:
- the scientific method
- how to identify logical fallacies
- how to separate fact from fiction
- understanding statistics and probability
- disease theory
However, if you want "50 Things I'd Like to Learn Before I Die" (which seems more in line with how you named the list) then I wouldn't include things that are already well known like DNA or size of the universe. Instead I'd want to learn things like:
- are humans alone in the universe?
- where is the nearest extra-terrestrial life? intelligent life? what's it like?
- how to travel in time
- how to travel beyond our solar system
- where is the nearest planet that can sustain human life?
- how to live peacefully & sustainably on the earth
- the cure for cancer, heart disease, etc.
- how to extent human life indefinitely
Where to find good whiskey when the theists get on my nerves.