Found this fascinating blog called The Christ in Prophecy Journal
--it was actually recommended to me by my Google Reader (why? because I subscribe to atheist sites?)
The latest post shows the 50 reasons for why we're living in end times; on the actual post he sites his reasoning (all Bible passages) but I removed them to save space. I've bolded my favorites. :-)
1) Increasing instability of nature.
2) Increasing lawlessness and violence.
3) Increasing immorality.
4) Increasing materialism.
5) Increasing Hedonism.
6) Increasing influence of Humanism.
7) Depraved entertainment.
8) Calling evil good and good evil.
9) Increasing use of drugs.
10) Increasing blasphemy.
11) Increasing paganism.
12) Increasing despair.
13) Signs in the heavens.
14) Increasing knowledge.
15) Increasing travel.
16) The explosion of cults.
17) The proliferation of false christs.
18) Increasing apostasy in the Church.
19) Increasing attacks on Jesus.
20) Increasing attacks on the Bible.
21) Increasing persecution of Christians. (wouldn't this one have been bigger 2000 years ago?)
22) Increasing occultism.
23) Wars and rumors of wars.
24) Weapons of mass destruction.
25) Increasing famine.
26) Increasing pestilence.
27) Computer technology.
29) Satellite technology.
30) Virtual reality.
31) Unification of Europe.
32) Far Eastern military powers.
33) Movement toward world government.
34) Regathering of the Jews.
35) Re-establishment of Israel.
36) Reclamation of the land of Israel. (aren't 34, 35, 36 and 38 the same?)
37) Revival of Biblical Hebrew.
38) Re-occupation of Jerusalem.
39) Resurgence of the Israeli military.
40) Re-focusing of world politics on Israel.
41) Russian threat to Israel.
42) Arab threat to Israel.
43) Denial of the Second Coming.
44) Denial of creation by God. (so if we all believe it will happen...it won't?)
45) Outpouring of the Holy Spirit.
46) Translation of the Bible into many languages.
47) Preaching of the Gospel worldwide.
48) The revival of Messianic Judaism.
49) The revival of Davidic praise worship.
50) The understanding of Bible prophecy.