Be sure to vote, I am curious where most atheists stand on this issue.

Views: 2992

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A lot of the usefulness and relevance of these tools has worn off for a great many people as well. Not even all people who support liberal firearms rights feel the need to possess firearms themselves.

I'm one of those people. Don't own a gun and probably never will. Don't belong to the NRA and see them as very radical, just like a lot of anti-gun people. 

@Unseen - Exactly, it is not Australians problem - it is a mentality, of fear. To see Americans at gun shows, with their children, it is all part of the indoctrination of the 'right' to buy guns.

@ Noel - Excellent comment - the love of guns has nothing to do with protecting themselves against marauding armies. They maybe need missile launchers and flame throwers! Bit hard to park a tank in the back garden.Then you have 'them thar folks up in the mountains' waiting for Armageddon, with their guns ready to shoot anybody who wants to take their rice and flour????

As for the soccer match shootout, I think these people watch too many cowboy movies. Truly frigging scary.

Gee Suzanne, why am I NOT surprised to see you ignore Gregg's question?

20.000 dead Americans each year.

Promoting gun control is about as ethical as preventing hunger, ref. another post on this site.

@Arcus;

What are the underlying causes of the American gun deaths each year?

Wouldn't you consider it "ethical" to address those?

"What are the underlying causes of the American gun deaths each year?"

Guns.

"Wouldn't you consider it "ethical" to address those?"

Did I say I did not want to consider it?

But in whose hands are those guns that kill, normal citizens or criminals, who is apt to follow gun control laws? Which one is really the problem?

In which hands do bombs kill? Criminals or normal citizens? Should therefore citizens be allowed to carry bombs?

And this ends any effort on my part have an intelligent conversation with Arcus.

Arcus you are not worth the time.

Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate crap it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.

Anything is possible when you think before you comment or post.

Naming guns as the cause of a human action -- like blaming your ice cream scoop for a weight gain -- entirely justifies Gregg's response.

I see this sort of attitude often enough that I wonder if anti-gun people think that guns radiate evil brainwashing or something.

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 4 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 13 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service