Be sure to vote, I am curious where most atheists stand on this issue.

Views: 3079

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rick, ever since I read (in Max Farrand's Records of the Federal Convention of 1787 the words of Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and others) I've been saying much of what you said here.

Having read the history of the US Supreme Court, I've added that for much of America's history the federal government has been at war with working people.

FDR and Earl Warren's Supreme Court reduced this war's violence. Reagan and the borrowing he began has increased the violence.

I get to choose between Dems and their soft heads and Repubs and their hard hearts. Lucky me!

Third parties won't fix what needs fixing; only more democracy will.

I always found it interesting that the Southern "aristocracy" that influenced the formation of the Republic also called for succession when they didn't get their way in the territories. Not the best idea to embark on a war without a decent cannon factory. Down here we were taught the war was all about state's rights and that is true, but they gloss over the fact that right they fought about was to posses people as property just to get cheap labor.

Hey, folks, suppose we let a bit of realism penetrate our beliefs, if only long enough to reject it.

Was it psychologists or sociologists who showed us that crowded animals become hostile?

We too are animals. Can it be that we are overcrowding our earth?

Can it be that our crazies are telling us what we don't want to know?

@ Rick Povero and Tom Sarbeck;

It was refreshing to read what you both wrote.

I am unsure what the futures holds for this country, I am sure the future will come, good luck to us all. 

Indeed, I wonder also. I have seen so many people here with different takes on the subject, like others. I have had a theory that everyone has their own bubble of opinions and perceptions, no two are identical although they can be close. We will never agree completely, and that's just the nature of the beast (although some seem to be so far fetched from this camp as to give me a headache). Best to all and have hope for the future, things will change, hopefully for the better one day.

"Some seem" meaning like our views on religion and other subjects outside our group is too far away from my own opinions of things. I didn't mean to imply that people here give me a headache - just to be clear.

@ Warren E Jappe;

LOL sometimes I give me a headache. :)  I can't imagine how many migraines I have caused. LOL

I do agree, we all live in our own little bubbles, floating  in the comfort of our opinions. Every once in a while I get a glimpse of what lies just outside my bubble and my bubble grows a tiny bit.

I believe in the right to arm bears!!

Another unbearably cute pictorial contribution from Strega

You know you love me

I think I saw those bears in the forest last week...they were setting fires. :)

RSS

Forum

gay marriage decision

Started by Dale Headley in Small Talk. Last reply by Gallup's Mirror 3 hours ago. 3 Replies

Is there an energy resource with such attributes?

Started by ỮŊĐÜムņĮØńệ尺 in Physics, Astronomy, Cosmology. Last reply by Ward Cressin 23 hours ago. 3 Replies

Beautiful Tresses....a Vision of FREEDOM!!!!!

Started by Belle Rose in Society. Last reply by SteveInCO 14 hours ago. 9 Replies

Sunday School

Events

Services we love!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service