Be sure to vote, I am curious where most atheists stand on this issue.

Views: 2986

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@Noel - That's the thing Noel - a guy may think the gun is an appendage extender, but the Harley owner will win a girl over every time :)

If you say so.

Elvis?

Nice bike! Probably a nice guy too. That whole prejudging thing how's that working our for you on the Internet?

That's actually me...I'm hitting on Suzanne. :D

Show me a physically, mentally, and verbally abusive pathological liar and sociopath, and I'll show you a guy with a date on Saturday night (especially if he rides a Harley).

I have a date this Thursday (and no Harley). I am a one sick bastard.

For a minute there I was thinking you were referring to politicians, but then you had to go and throw in "rides a Harley."

Ah the Internet. Something about the size of a mans gonads and the speed of his broadband connection.

I hear about so called "Smart guns", I wonder if we are smart enough to handle them.

from: http://www.ecnmag.com/blogs/2013/04/guns-are-only-%E2%80%98smart%E2...

"Triggersmart’s RFID system “can create safe zones in certain areas such as schools, where smart guns coming into the area will be disabled remotely” through Wide Area Control (WAC), according to the company’s website"

Imagine being in a school that some nut job starts shooting and all we have is "smart guns" that refuse to take the prep down and there is nothing we can do about it.

Talk about the other edge of the sword being sharper than the other when safety is a delusion.

Imagine being in a school that some nut job starts shooting and all we have is "smart guns" that refuse to take the prep down and there is nothing we can do about it.

I'd wager the net difference between that scenario and the current reality is zero. Granted the ability for someone to remotely disable your firearm does diminish the value of the weapon overall. Using RFID seems like the wrong way to go.

I'd like to see more R&D in the less-then-lethal bullet category.

The good thing about defense guns is that they level the field.  A 270 lb. man doesn't have as much advantage over a 110 lb. woman when she is armed.

The bad thing is bullets are designed to be lethal.

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service