Hey everyone!

Since last year's calendars were such a success, we'd like to do them again this year. This time, however, we're doing a montage of all photos that are submitted for each month (provided enough photos are submitted, and they meet the requirements). This is just a preliminary discussion thread, so feel free to share your ideas on what you'd like to see! We would just love some feedback on them for now.

Thanks,
Laura

P.S.

Here is a small sample of last years calendar.

Views: 493

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think this could be a good concept for the billboard, now you mention it. "Got cold feet about religion?"
I'm okay going shirtless, and even pantless, but I draw the line at removing my socks.

Prude.
Jean Marie. Why do you jump to conclusions?

We're trying to show that atheists are regular, everyday people. Not sexy, scantily clad women. Did you see anything in the rules mentioning gender, age, or weight? Didn't you see that we said nudity was not allowed? Didn't you see that we offered to let people include quotes?

You should wait until the final product is out before assuming the worst. If you don't want a calendar from T|A, that is fine. But please, Jean Marie, stop being so easily offended, especially when you haven't bothered to ask questions.
Could those members make the cut? If not, why not? Is it a beauty contest? Why does what anyone here LOOKS LIKE even remotely relevant to thinking, or to atheism?

Not sure what example you are pointing to, but having only photos of people with only one particular set of physical traits would be boring and defeat the purpose of showing the wide range of normal, everyday atheists. However, we can't force people to submit photos. It may be that only so called "good looking" people are comfortable enough to submit photos. We would encourage people of all body types and ages to submit photos. To suggest that T|A will reject them because they don't fit some particular notion of beauty is presuming too much.
there is much room for other imagery, like gals sucking fingers, etc half dressed, etc etc

Well, I certainly hope that finger sucking photos won't make the cut. However, I will submit one of me sucking on my fingers just to test it out. Hahaha! ;-) Unless it is only objectionable when gals do it?
I will buy a calendar with a pic of Reggie sucking his fingers in a jiffy! :-))

Ha! Men and women everywhere could hang it on their fridge to use as an appetite suppressant.
We're only doing one calendar actually (not a male and female version, and it's highlighting our members. It will have quotes. This is what we've decided would be a nice way to make members/atheists feel like they're part of the Think Atheist community. Having quotes only isn't very personal.
THIS calendar is about OUR MEMBERS. It is not about atheism. It is about the people who are atheist. This is what it's about. Community.

The people who submit photos may not be strangers; they may be people you interact with daily. Usually, only active members submit photos. Also, it will be more than 12 people if more than 12 people submit photos.

I'm sorry you don't like the idea, but this is what we're doing.
Honestly, because it's time consuming and Morgan Matthew has a full-time job, as well as other responsibilities (getting the radio show up and running again, etc etc etc).

I will say that the most important criteria for the photos is that they are a quality shot. If it's low resolution, we can't use it. If it's just a really crappy photo, we're not going to use it.

We will keep your idea in mind for next year, but MM will be out of town for Thanksgiving, then his dad gets back in town, then it's MM's birthday, then it's Xmas. We have do have lives outside of T|A and we're trying to do something cool in our spare time.
@Jean Marie

I'll see what Morgan Matthew thinks and maybe we can do something like that as well.
This is what it's about. Community.

And that succinctly sums it up for how I see it.

The T|A community of atheists is about more than famous, atheist quotes. The foundation of T|A is the members who make up this community and the content and discussions we all provide. Shedding light on that community with photos is a great idea that no other atheist community has done, that I am aware of. But, even if it is not the first, it still appeals to me because this is our community. Quotes can be mined from many online sources or purchased in a book (The Atheist Bible).

But, I do like including the quotes, especially if they are the favorite quotes of members that are featured in the calendar.
Mr August 2010 says:

CHILL OUT! IT'S ONLY A CALENDAR!

RSS

© 2018   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service