Hey everyone!

Since last year's calendars were such a success, we'd like to do them again this year. This time, however, we're doing a montage of all photos that are submitted for each month (provided enough photos are submitted, and they meet the requirements). This is just a preliminary discussion thread, so feel free to share your ideas on what you'd like to see! We would just love some feedback on them for now.

Thanks,
Laura

P.S.

Here is a small sample of last years calendar.

Views: 311

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A calendar is a marketing device, and I as a potential client would not purchase anything with babies, and tho I'm the only person mentioning it here, I'm not the only one in society who would refrain from such a purchase.

Just a matter of knowing the target market...

Actually I'm not much into famous quotes either...
Geez, TAA, you are such a party pooper. :-)
100% post consumer recycled paper instead of dioxin bleached white would be nice too :)

Calendars ARE promotional tools, you promote what you show in it... they are what they are :)
keeping track of dates, really? ;)

I use my digital watch and this computer for that :)

Calendars I buy strictly for incredible nature/animal shots or group revenue generators as you aptly put it :)

I even know people who cut away date pages and use only the photos ;)

I'm just being a pest of course, cuz I like the tone of your post :)
I still use wall calendars for keeping track of things. Sure, it's a dry erase calendar, but I prefer it to digital methods. I'd use this calendar primarily for decoration, but also for its original, historical use. ;)
Calendars ARE promotional tools, you promote what you show in it... they are what they are

I guess by your line of thinking, we should not have any white people there, because the political angle is that it promotes racism. Chinese? Communists! Men? Mysongynistic & patriarchal! Gays? Promotes homosexuality! Dogs? That is anti-cat!

You see something political in everything, right? Well, then are you saying we can't have anything in the calendar unless you approve of whatever political shape you see in this Rorschach test?

This is just silly.
I've only seen these very few pictures of last year's calendar, were there pictures of anyone not white??
I've only seen these very few pictures of last year's calendar, were there pictures of anyone not white??

Exactly! Must be some racial filtering going on.

Or...

No one but white people submitted pictures because non-whites know how racist calendars are because white people tend to be featured in them.

Or...

They associated the Julian calendar with Roman Catholic sex abuse and refuse to support such a thing!

Or...

Calendars written with Arabic numerals that were developed by Indian mathemeticians are deeply insenstive to Americans who lost their call center jobs.

We CAN politicize everything! Pattern seeking run amok!
It was a very simple question, yes or no...
But you chose not to answer... odd
I have always been suspicious of anything displaying ONLY white people.
It was a very simple question, yes or no...
But you chose not to answer... odd
I have always been suspicious of anything displaying ONLY white people.

Oh, it was a question? Sorry, I only saw a political statement. How odd, indeed!

The answer: I don't know. I didn't buy one last year and I don't recall the layout. But, if it was filled with only white people, then I guess we are obligated to assume the worst.
Oh, for the love of FSM... there are so few black atheists that it's not surprising there may have only been 1 or 2 on that calendar, or none at all. And if none of them submitted pictures, then how else are they going to get on the calendar?

Stop assuming the worse. Implying racism where there might be none is just dangerous.
I know we aren't racist! But I think we should make the effort, in that if no non-whites volunteer images ... to maybe give a special shout-out? to maybe give some encouragement. They know their communities are harsh on atheists so it may be harder for them to make a public display.

So I'd say : encouragement, support...

RSS

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service