Hey everyone!

Since last year's calendars were such a success, we'd like to do them again this year. This time, however, we're doing a montage of all photos that are submitted for each month (provided enough photos are submitted, and they meet the requirements). This is just a preliminary discussion thread, so feel free to share your ideas on what you'd like to see! We would just love some feedback on them for now.

Thanks,
Laura

P.S.

Here is a small sample of last years calendar.

Views: 265

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Forgive me if I sound superficial for saying this, but while I greatly respect the idea of all people uniting together under the banner of atheism, I wouldn't buy a calendar adorned with men and babies on it. It's just not something I want to look at every day.

I would therefore like to vote to keep it a separate Men/Women calendar.

(Incidentally, is there any chance of releasing one with just 12 pages of Laura? You know it'd be a best-seller.)
Famous atheists get plenty of exposure already. I like the idea of keeping the calendar in house and only using pics of members, and/or their children/pets. There are already plenty of books and websites devoted to atheist quotes. I enjoy atheist quotes as much as the next atheist, but like I said there's plenty of other places I can go for that.
Depends who the calendar is marketed to... if the purpose is to promote atheism in a "normal family setting" to religious folk... then showing "normal families" may be a great promotional tool.

However if the purpose is to sell atheist entertainment to those already atheists, then maybe other images are more effective.

It all depends on the target market.
I can't imagine religious folk would want to buy a calendar featuring atheists and their offspring. And I figured the target audience was current and prospective TA members. So I'd say pictures of us would be the most appealing to that audience giving members a chance to be featured and even if we're not featured chances are we might know a few who are and still want to buy the calendar. I'm assuming since Laura brought up this topic that last year's calendar was a success, so I see no reason to fix what isn't broken.
I think the target market here is the Atheist that are on this site (correct me if I'm wrong I wasn't here last year). I surley can not see getting my christian mother in law or my mother for that matter an Atheist calendar. You can not please everyone because if you did then if would look like a jumbled up POS. I think votes should be taken on the content since everyone is in such and up roar about it. narrow it down to the 3 favorite ideas for the calendar then everyone will get a chance to vote over a week or two's time. and there you have it :) problem solved~! Considering the content and the price I might would buy one.

As far as the overpopulation of the earth goes...... I would think that you would like the idea of Atheist who raise children with a mind of their own. Aren't we trying to make the world non religious? well I think at this point the christians are winning and they keep poppin them out so yeah some atheist might need to have kids as well. I have 4 and I took offense to your statement. I love kids and would not mind seeing little atheist babies in the calendar. They are the future.

Sorry for going off tack, but then again I wanted to put my opinion out there as well.
Believe me... baby popping is no less offensive to me
As a matter of fact, there was a baby in last year's calendar... being kissed by its father (in the male calendar).

There was a little miscommunication about what this calendar would feature, however. There will not be separate male and female calendars. The calendar with people in it will have MANY different types of people. If an atheist mother sends in a pic of her and her baby, we're going to include it. Each month will be a montage of different people.

We decided to also do a quotes-only calendar.
Famous atheists get plenty of exposure already. I like the idea of keeping the calendar in house and only using pics of members, and/or their children/pets.

T|A member pictures are still the idea. The famous atheists would be limited to birthdays or quotes, the way I envision it.
I love the calendar, and last year's was really good. I'd love to be "Miss December", if you're accepting photos yet. (:
Last year's calendars were great. I want to be in the next one, so just let us (me :D) know when to submit pics. I'll think of something...
I'll be interested in the 2011 calendar as well. I think I'll even have to submit a picture this time.
I think a calendar's great. Reading this discussion was fun, too. We are an awfully opinionated, argumentative bunch!

RSS

Forum

What would happen...

Started by Griffin Buckerfield in Small Talk. Last reply by Simon Mathews 1 hour ago. 3 Replies

"I'm Christian and I vote."

Started by Ed in Small Talk. Last reply by Pope Beanie 13 hours ago. 39 Replies

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 0 Comments

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 1 Comment

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service