Hey everyone!

Since last year's calendars were such a success, we'd like to do them again this year. This time, however, we're doing a montage of all photos that are submitted for each month (provided enough photos are submitted, and they meet the requirements). This is just a preliminary discussion thread, so feel free to share your ideas on what you'd like to see! We would just love some feedback on them for now.

Thanks,
Laura

P.S.

Here is a small sample of last years calendar.

Views: 300

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I certainly agree with that, T A A.

http://www.thinkatheist.com/group/africanblackatheistsandbelievers

Bam! Only 21 members, though. And probably not many that are still active (or even black).
I like the multiple people per page and involving both genders on a single calender. Depending on the number of entries, we could have more participants this year. Up to 4 people per page would equal 48 possible participants as well as 48 awesome quotes (I really like the quote idea).
I am new here and have no clue about last years calendar.

How about much like presidents b-days or famous peoples b-days on all calendars, we have days noted of famous atheist or scientist birthdays or days when great things in non believer history happened.
The ladies on think atheist are all hot. I'm getting a ladies calendar for sure.
I wasn't around for last years calendar but I like the idea of a calendar... sounds like a fun project! I like the idea of having 4 people per page and including favorite quotes... to avoid repeats of quotes I think everyone should submit several quotes with their pictures. I also like the idea of including famous atheist's birthdays and scientific events and such on the calendar.
Good call, Becca. I like the "On this day in scientific history" angle, too!
I don't know if I'll get a lot of support on this idea, but how about including scientific quotes (as already suggested) but also mix it up with philisophical quotes about morality by atheist philosophers too?
Can we have a swimsuit edition? 8^)
Forgive me if I sound superficial for saying this, but while I greatly respect the idea of all people uniting together under the banner of atheism, I wouldn't buy a calendar adorned with men and babies on it. It's just not something I want to look at every day.

I would therefore like to vote to keep it a separate Men/Women calendar.

(Incidentally, is there any chance of releasing one with just 12 pages of Laura? You know it'd be a best-seller.)
Famous atheists get plenty of exposure already. I like the idea of keeping the calendar in house and only using pics of members, and/or their children/pets. There are already plenty of books and websites devoted to atheist quotes. I enjoy atheist quotes as much as the next atheist, but like I said there's plenty of other places I can go for that.
Depends who the calendar is marketed to... if the purpose is to promote atheism in a "normal family setting" to religious folk... then showing "normal families" may be a great promotional tool.

However if the purpose is to sell atheist entertainment to those already atheists, then maybe other images are more effective.

It all depends on the target market.
I can't imagine religious folk would want to buy a calendar featuring atheists and their offspring. And I figured the target audience was current and prospective TA members. So I'd say pictures of us would be the most appealing to that audience giving members a chance to be featured and even if we're not featured chances are we might know a few who are and still want to buy the calendar. I'm assuming since Laura brought up this topic that last year's calendar was a success, so I see no reason to fix what isn't broken.

RSS

Forum

Nude atheist group

Started by Raymond in Society. Last reply by Raymond on Monday. 4 Replies

Socratic Method

Started by Michael in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Ed 18 hours ago. 5 Replies

Gideons International

Started by Ed in Small Talk. Last reply by Gallup's Mirror yesterday. 6 Replies

Events

Services we love!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2015   Created by umar.