Hey everyone!

Since last year's calendars were such a success, we'd like to do them again this year. This time, however, we're doing a montage of all photos that are submitted for each month (provided enough photos are submitted, and they meet the requirements). This is just a preliminary discussion thread, so feel free to share your ideas on what you'd like to see! We would just love some feedback on them for now.

Thanks,
Laura

P.S.

Here is a small sample of last years calendar.

Views: 229

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What about the new users who have no idea what last year's calendars were like?

Personally, I'd like to see pieces of paper with dates on them, and pictures above each month. ;-) Are you asking who we'd like to see in the pictures? Is there a list to choose from?
What Yet Another said ^
I was just thinking yesterday that it would be great if there was an atheist version of my word of the day calender. List important skeptic and atheist dates, along with quotes on skepticism and atheism. Though it would be a great project to compile that much data.
I like that! We have a whole group filled to the brim with atheistic quotes.

http://www.thinkatheist.com/group/quoteoftheday
Either do the same thing as last year but pick different people so others get a chance to be featured. Otherwise maybe a "Little Heathens" calendar featuring some of our favorite pics of our kids and/or pets (not that kids are like pets but some people may not have kids but have pets that they love as family).
There were TWO calendars last year Katie... 1 for men and 1 for women. So no one was left out by sexism, just superficial beauty. :-P
ahem... think she was saying those who are neither... :P
I figured she assumed that there was only one calendar done last year that only had one gender leaving the other one out.

I don't think there is such a thing as neither, but there IS such a thing as both. :-P
I don't believe in both :)
Never heard of a Hermaphrodite? That would be someone born with both male and female genitals.

Then there's transexuals.
I rather call a hermaphrodite a hermaphrodite, not a woman/man

I rather call a transexual a transexual, not a woman/man
No, a transsexual is someone who physically migrates from one gender to the other, usually through operative procedures (though not always) not someone (who like a hermaphrodite) is born with both sets of genitalia to some extent.

More than anything, she is making a comment on gender dichotomy, which from an academic perspective, is totally valid.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Science Isn't About Truth

Started by Ari E. S. in Philosophy. Last reply by Simon Paynton 1 hour ago. 22 Replies

Blog Posts

Zella Mae Jarrett

Posted by Philip Jarrett on April 19, 2014 at 11:35pm 0 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.