Theological contradictions

1. Is there only one God?
Yes
Dt 4:35
Quote:
Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him.
Quote:
Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.
[note: see especially 2 Cor. 4:4, below]
6:4
Quote:
Hear, O Israel, The LORD our God is one LORD:
32:39
Quote:
See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no God with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.
Isa 43:10-11
Quote:
Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
I, even I, am the LORD, and beside me there is no saviour.
44:8
Quote:
Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have I not told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.
45:5-7
Quote:
I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
46:9
Quote:
Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me.
Mk12:29
Quote:
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
Quote:
And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:
Jn 17:3
Quote:
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
1 Cor 8:6
Quote:
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

No
Gen 1:26
Quote:
Let us make man in our image, after our likeness...
3:22
Quote:
And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil...
11:7
Quote:
Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
Ex 12:12
Quote:
For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgement: I am the LORD.
15:11
Quote:
Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? Who is like unto thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?
18:11
Quote:
Now I know that the LORD is greater than all gods: for in the thing wherein they dealt proudly he was above them.
22:28
Quote:
Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people.
Num 33:4
Quote:
For the Egyptians buried all their firstborn, which the LORD had smitten among them: upon their gods also the LORD executed judgements.
1 Sam 6:5
Quote:
Wherefore ye shall make images of your emerods, and images of your mice that mar the land; and ye shall give glory unto the God of Israel: peradventure he will lighten his hand from off you, and from off your gods, and from off your land.
28:13
Quote:
And the king said unto her, Be not afraid: for what sawest thou? And the woman said unto Saul, I saw gods ascending out of the earth.
Ps 82:1
Quote:
God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.
Quote:
I have said, Ye are gods; all of you are children of the most High.
96:4
Quote:
For the LORD is great, and greatly to be praised: he is to be feared above all gods.
97:7
Quote:
Confounded be all they that serve graven images, that boast themselves of idols: worship him, all ye gods.
136:2
Quote:
O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth forever.
Jer 10:11
Quote:
Thus shall ye say unto them, The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens.
Zeph 2:11
Quote:
The LORD will be terrible unto them: for he will famish all the gods of the earth; and men shall worship him, every one from his place, even all the isles of the heathen.
Jn 10:33-34
Quote:
The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, ye are gods?
2 Cor 4:4
Quote:
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the eyes of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

2. Is only God holy?
Yes
Rev 15:4
Quote:
Who shall not fear thee, O LORD, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgements are made manifest.

No
Ps 86:2
Quote:
Preserve my soul, for I am holy: O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee.

3. Can God do anything?
Yes
Jer 32:17
Quote:
Ah LORD God! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:
Quote:
Behold, I am the LORDthe God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?
Mt 19:26
Quote:
But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
Mk 10:27
Quote:
And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
Lk 1:37
Quote:
For with God nothing shall be impossible.

No
Jdg 1:19
Quote:
And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.
Mk 6:5
Quote:
And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.
Heb 6:18
Quote:
That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

4. Does God know and see everything?
Yes
Ps 44:21
Quote:
Shall not God search this out? for he knoweth the secrets of the heart.
139:7-8
Quote:
Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
Pr 15:3
Quote:
The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.
Jer 16:17
Quote:
For mine eyes are upon all their ways: they are not hid from my face, neither is their iniquity hid from mine eyes.
Acts 1:24
Quote:
And they prayed, and said, Thou, LORD, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,

No
Gen 3:8-9
Quote:
And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
11:5
Quote:
And the LORD God came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
18:20-21
Quote:
And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;
I will go down now and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.
Num 22:9
Quote:
And God came unto Balaam, and said, What men are these with thee?
Dt 8:2
Quote:
And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.
2 Chr 32:31
Quote:
Howbeit in the business of the ambassadors of the princes of Babylon, who sent unto him to inquire of the wonder that was done in the land, God left him, to try him, that he might know all that was in his heart.
Job 1:7
Quote:
And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou?Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
2:2
Quote:
And the LORD said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
Isaiah 65:16
Quote:
That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes.
Hos 8:4
Quote:
They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and I knew it not: of their silver and their gold have they made them idols, that they may be cut off.

Views: 108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have counted 143 bi-polar contradictions in the Bible.

\m/

if your atheist why are you making a sign of satan with your hand ?atheist dont believe in the supernatural right?
You mean the hand symbol of heavy metal/rock?
I thought he was saying he loved us. :P
I figured it was saying 'Party on Dude', Bill and Ted style.
the "love" hand sign language is with the thumb out;-) PEACE!!!!!
well some rock bands use it (not all) rock music is not wrong in and of itself it depends on the intent of the artist ,among satanists this hand symbol is used to mean "satan" since the bible doesnt specifically mention rock music we can apply romans chp 14 to what bands we would want to listen to.(rock or whatever music you like)check it out the whole chp.plz thank you. p.s. some bands that use satanic imagery arent necessarily satanist they might just do it for shock value or to have a certain look
in gen. 3:8-9 its not that YHWH doesnt know where theyre at, its that He wants them to confess their sin.PEACE!!!!!

RSS

Blog Posts

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 2 Comments

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 5 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service