I find this website very useful for referencing Bible contradictions:

http://skeptically.org/bible/id6.html

What are your favorite Bible-related atheist sites?

Tags: resource, web, website

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hrm Ill have to add some links. But good find!
Here is another site about Bible bullshit and contradictions. Good shit.

http://www.evilbible.com/

\m/
awesome!
hey jason if the bible isnt true then why are you making a "sign of satan" symbol with your hand? satan wouldnt exist right? all apparent bible contradictions are really not contradictions at all in the "original" texts, remember we have translations and sometimes we need to look into the hebrew and greek or just simply look into the context of scripture ,make sense?PEACE!!!!!!!!
Quit trolling.
Here are two more websites.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/ This is my personal favorite.

http://godisimaginary.com/ This one has some good videos to go with it.
I dont feel like debunking the entire web sit, but this is possible

"Jesus' lineage was traced through David's son Solomon. Mt.1:6.
Jesus' lineage was traced through David's son Nathan. Lk.3:31."

Nathan marries someone they have kids then those kids get married and then they marry someone in Solomon's line

The announcement of the special birth came before conception. Lk.1:26-31.
The announcement of the special birth came after conception. Mt.1:18-21.

In Luke the Angel appears to Mary and In Matthew the angel appears to Joseph. That is not a contradiction
That Web Site is a horrible attempt at finding contradictions
//Of all the writers of the New Testament, only Matthew and Luke mention the virgin birth. Had something as miraculous as the virgin birth actually occurred, one would expect that Mark and John would have at least mentioned it in their efforts to convince the world that Jesus was who they were claiming him to be.

The apostle Paul never mentions the virgin birth, even though it would have strengthened his arguments in several places. Instead, where Paul does refer to Jesus' birth, he says that Jesus "was born of the seed of David" (Romans 1:3) and was "born of a woman," not a virgin (Galatians 4:4).//

Right here you misquote Galatians
Galatians 4:4 (New American Standard Bible)

4But when (A)the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, (B)born of a woman, born (C)under the Law,

This verse shows that Jesus had no human father, the virgin birth is implied.

//You: "In Luke the Angel appears to Mary and In Matthew the angel appears to Joseph." This is the definition of an contradiction! An important fact has two answers in only two of the 4 Gospels.//
NO THAT is not the definition of a contradiction becuase both can happen. A contradiction would occur is one event made the other impossible which it does not
The Angel apeared ot Mary before she had conceived and The angel appeared to Joseph after 6 months of pregnancy when Joseph was contemplating divorce OR CAN you explain how that is impossible
Futhermore the virgin birth or at least a non sexual conception is prophesied in in Genesis 3:15
Genesis 3:15 (New American Standard Bible)

15And I will put (A)enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her seed;
(B)He shall bruise you on the head,
And you shall bruise him on the heel.

Just to let you know that if a man and a woman have a child it is the Man's seed not the woman's according to Hebrew Culture. and this is God talking to the Serpent (Satan)
Im just curious where are you getting this because The serpents seed refers to people who are children of the Devil Jesus elaborates on this.

John 8 New American Standard Bible
37"I know that you are (BC)Abraham's descendants; yet (BD)you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you.

38"I speak the things which I have seen with My Father; therefore you also do the things which you heard from (BE)your father."

39They answered and said to Him, "Abraham is (BF)our father " Jesus said to them, "(BG)If you are Abraham's children, do the deeds of Abraham.

40"But as it is, (BH)you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has (BI)told you the truth, which I heard from God; this Abraham did not do.

41"You are doing the deeds of (BJ)your father " They said to Him, "We were not born of fornication; (BK)we have one Father: God."

42Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, (BL)you would love Me, (BM)for I proceeded forth and have come from God, for I have (BN)not even come on My own initiative, but (BO)He sent Me.

43"Why do you not understand (BP)what I am saying? It is because you cannot (BQ)hear My word.

44"(BR)You are of (BS)your father the devil, and (BT)you want to do the desires of your father (BU)He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because (BV)there is no truth in him Whenever he speaks a lie, he (BW)speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Verse 44 specifically talks about the children of the Devil which in revelation is revealed to be the serpent of old As you can see there is enmity between her seed (Jesus) and the serpents seed
According to Strongs Hebre Dictionary

H7779
שׁוּף
shûph
shoof
A primitive root; properly to gape, that is, snap at; figuratively to overwhelm: - break, bruise, cover.
is the correct word
and the LITV version of the bible which is the most literally translated version goes like this
" And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her Seed; He will bruise your head, and you shall bruise His heel. "

RSS

Forum

The Elephant in the Room...

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Pope Beanie 45 seconds ago. 7 Replies

Ear-piercing a baby

Started by Simon Mathews in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Unseen 14 minutes ago. 27 Replies

Up the duff. How about some secular baby names?

Started by Kairan Nierde in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Belle Rose 31 minutes ago. 15 Replies

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Kairan Nierde 35 minutes ago. 10 Replies

Torture Report release today

Started by Unseen in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Pope Beanie 11 hours ago. 134 Replies

Blog Posts

How did that happen?

Posted by Belle Rose on December 19, 2014 at 4:36am 6 Comments

Pabst Blue Ribbon to the rescue!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 9:33pm 0 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service