Pascals Wager.
Scare Tactics.

Anyone got cold, hard numbers on how many people in the world actually believe you'll be punished in a pit of flame for all eternity if you are atheist?

Discuss!

Tags: Hell, numbers, souls

Views: 103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Apparently so:

Mat 5:22 Mat 10:28 Mat 18:9 Mat 23:15 Mar 9:45 Luk 12:5 Luk 16:23 are some of them.
I watched a funny show oh the History channel about places on earth that people think are openings into hell. As usual in the Mistery channel, there wasn't actually any semblance of logical thinking in it, but it was still interesting to listen to hear the crazies talk.
i cant even remember the last time i met someone that believed in hell..and half of my friends are so called christian and catholic
Yes. I've said "No one goes anywhere until the Rapture." and just that seems to crumble people. Honesty... it seems fleeting.
I think you will find suicide is one way ticket to hell....something about wasting human life or something maybe?
"Hell is other people."
Xians say, "Hell is for other people."
Will we have bodies in hell so little devils can sticks things up our backsides?
I have four brother that believe in Hell. One of them used to constantly remind me of Hell....until I started asking for data about Hell. It went something like this:
Where is Hell?
IT'S UNDER THE GROUND...
Yea, but where exactly is it? Can you give me some coordinates?
THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT!
Oh, yes it is! The way you describe it, this is the most terrible place in existence and you don't know where this place is?
WHAT'S IMPORTANT IS NOT GOING THERE!
What's the size of Hell? How big is it?
WHAT?!
How many people are in Hell, give me an average?
THERE'S NO PEOPLE THERE, ONLY THEIR SOULS!
What is a soul made of?
F___ YOU, GARY!....

Something like that. He doesn't discuss religion with me anymore.
By the way, I love that dude with all my mind! :)
lol! I ever got over on my brother like that I would get him every time we crossed paths. Thats to funny Gary. lol!
I love arguments that use swearing at the other person as a distraction/ending-the-conversation technique. It's very classy and effective.

RSS

Blog Posts

My Dad and the Communist Spies

Posted by Brad Snowder on August 20, 2014 at 2:39pm 0 Comments

Breaking Free

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 20, 2014 at 9:56am 4 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service