All Discussions Tagged 'wage' (6)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

$15 minimum wage: windfall or a case of "be careful what you wish for"?

A movement is afoot to demand a $15 minimum wage, both at the state and federal level.  If it happens, it will mean a better life for many,…

Started by Unseen

65 Jan 10
Reply by Gregg R Thomas

Will doubling the minimum wage be a good thing or a pandora's box of unintended conseuences?

Sorry about mixing metaphors. I couldn't resist. Doubling the wage of one Joe or Jane working at McDonald's will no doubt improve their lif…

Started by Unseen

3 Dec 6, 2013
Reply by Unseen

Here's why you need to be a generous tipper...

The federal minimum wage for tipped workers is only $2.13 per hour. That’s less than one-third of the federal minimum wage. By the way, you…

Started by Unseen

0 Nov 6, 2013

Here's how rock bottom minimum wage jobs hurt the rest of us

The following quote is from this link... The fast food industry’s low wages are costing us all, new research finds. Taxpayers are shelling…

Started by Unseen

19 Oct 20, 2013
Reply by Unseen

Should the minimum wage be a living wage?

California is possibly about to raise their minimum wage to $10, making it the highest in the country. I currently live in Ohio, where the…

Started by Unseen

7 Sep 27, 2013
Reply by Unseen

Doubling the wage of fast food workers - would it help?

Fast food workers in NYC and elsewhere are striking to earn double the minimum wage, about $15/hr.  It would force prices up, but not as mu…

Started by Unseen

26 Aug 3, 2013
Reply by H3xx

RSS

Forum

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 7 hours ago. 40 Replies

where when how who why ?

Started by aubrey knows nothing * in Small Talk. Last reply by Davis Goodman 7 hours ago. 5 Replies

I don't know what to say

Started by Belle Rose in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Ward Cressin 13 hours ago. 2 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service