All Discussions Tagged 'violence' (19)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A Silent Epidemic

I hope this post does not offend any men. That is certainly not my intention to exclude anyone or minimize the very real types of struggles…

Started by Belle Rose

31 Nov 16
Reply by Virgil

Breaking the cycle

My 5 year old son has witnessed more violence than he ever should have. Thankfully I was able to get away from his dad.  My son has starte…

Started by Belle Rose

2 Nov 9
Reply by Belle Rose

The truth about NFL player domestic violence and arrests

A few cases of domestic violence have been in the news lately. Over the last few years there have been many instances of players in the new…

Started by Unseen

0 Oct 11

Ray Rice: So many things to talk about

Today, in this video (embedding not allowed, sorry) we can see what happened inside the elevator where Baltimore Ravens running back smacke…

Started by Unseen

65 Sep 11
Reply by Unseen

War, Terrorism, Religious conflict, and the people it affects.

Hello.  I'm Dave and fairly new to TA.  I want to have an open discussion where we talk about 'War, Terrorism, Religious conflict, and the…

Started by David Smith

22 Feb 7
Reply by David Smith

Orthodox priests and the violence in Kiev

At least five protesters have died during overnight clashes with police in central Kiev in an escalation of the political crisis that has g…

Started by Gallup's Mirror

8 Jan 24
Reply by MikeLong

How is killing young girls considered "honour"?

A mother and father in Pakistani-administered Kashmir have been arrested for murdering their 15-year-old daughter by dousing her with acid…

Started by Strega

0 Nov 1, 2012

How does atheism affect your sense of personal safety?

There has been some recent stir in the media lately. Perhaps not against atheists in specific. (Oh wait, except for the Fox News thing. Tha…

Started by Misty: Baytheist Living!

52 Feb 10, 2012
Reply by Grady Jean

Do Guns Kill People?

When debating guns, it seems impossible to not hear the saying, "Guns don't kill people." If you toss out a statistic about gun deaths, you…

Started by Gaytor

260 Jul 31, 2011
Reply by Arcus

Child rearing

In Scandinavia, anything entailing physical violence against a minor is considered a criminal offense (not misdemeanor). Spanking a child c…

Started by Arcus

86 Apr 2, 2011
Reply by kris feenstra

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

Am I the only one bothered by this?

Started by Lefty G in Small Talk. Last reply by Pope Beanie 11 minutes ago. 4 Replies

"Probably won't report".....

Started by Belle Rose in Society. Last reply by Davis Goodman 21 minutes ago. 7 Replies

The Movie Kiss: Romance or Rape?

Started by Unseen in Society. Last reply by Davis Goodman 6 hours ago. 41 Replies

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service