All Discussions Tagged 'violence' (15)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

War, Terrorism, Religious conflict, and the people it affects.

Hello.  I'm Dave and fairly new to TA.  I want to have an open discussion where we talk about 'War, Terrorism, Religious conflict, and the…

Started by David Smith

22 Feb 7
Reply by David Smith

Orthodox priests and the violence in Kiev

At least five protesters have died during overnight clashes with police in central Kiev in an escalation of the political crisis that has g…

Started by Gallup's Mirror

8 Jan 24
Reply by MikeLong

How is killing young girls considered "honour"?

A mother and father in Pakistani-administered Kashmir have been arrested for murdering their 15-year-old daughter by dousing her with acid…

Started by Strega

0 Nov 1, 2012

How does atheism affect your sense of personal safety?

There has been some recent stir in the media lately. Perhaps not against atheists in specific. (Oh wait, except for the Fox News thing. Tha…

Started by Misty: Baytheist Living!

52 Feb 10, 2012
Reply by Grady Jean

Do Guns Kill People?

When debating guns, it seems impossible to not hear the saying, "Guns don't kill people." If you toss out a statistic about gun deaths, you…

Started by Gaytor

260 Jul 31, 2011
Reply by Arcus

Child rearing

In Scandinavia, anything entailing physical violence against a minor is considered a criminal offense (not misdemeanor). Spanking a child c…

Started by Arcus

86 Apr 2, 2011
Reply by kris feenstra

Aggressive parenting

My little brother is having a fight with my dad because of his grades and he was physically beaten. He is now crying. My mother agrees with…

Started by Loop Johnny

21 Feb 19, 2011
Reply by Loop Johnny

More Sick Political News

This is awful, just awful.  U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ) was shot.  According to the Tucson Sun she was shot in the head.  Here is c…

Started by Cecilia

92 Jan 11, 2011
Reply by Misty: Baytheist Living!

The Supreme Courts Hearing On Violence In Video Games

Yes, it's nothing new with these people: destroying our freedom of speech to "protect" the children. The case that has made it all the way…

Started by Anathema6205

1 Nov 4, 2010
Reply by Lindsey

Pakistan Shuts Down Facebook because of "Draw Mohammed Day Protest" - They'll never get it will they?

As a protest to Islam's rioting, protesting, [and sometimes murdering] after anyone creates a cartoon or characature of Mohammed, a brave f…

Started by Skycomet the Fallen Angel

2 May 20, 2010
Reply by Mario Rodgers

RSS

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service