All Discussions Tagged 'universe' (17)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The end is nigh! Well, nigher anyway. And it's scientists, not apocalyptic Christians saying it!

The laws of physics aren't written in granite, it seems. Not only may there have been a period of inflation after The Big Bang in which the…

Started by Unseen

2 Sep 8
Reply by Christopher Hollis

Atoms, Dark Matter, and Dark Energy

As recently as several years ago, the estimate was that anywhere from 3/4 to more than 9/10 of the universe was so-called "dark matter." Si…

Started by Unseen

16 Mar 12
Reply by Unseen

"Once We Free Ourselves of the Shackles of Religion, and Bible-based Big Bang Theology...

...the living universe is revealed for what it is: infinite and eternal. A universe which consists of infinite space that has no beginning,…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

45 Sep 20, 2013
Reply by archaeopteryx

Astonishing facts

Let me start: It appears that the universe will die in a state of absolute entropy where nothing at all happens anymore. Forever. But that…

Started by Unseen

0 May 13, 2013

Dark matter

I came across this and thought it was  pretty cool.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22155222 The way physics is going we are g…

Started by angela kozma

0 Apr 15, 2013

Spirituality

Hey everyone, I'm a first time poster. I've always identified myself as atheist, but I consider "spirituality" to be separate from religion…

Started by Taryn It Up!

36 Mar 5, 2013
Reply by SteveInCO

12 Noble gases, complete cycle

I have been thinking about noble gases and realise there must be twelve is this reasonning wrong?ELEMENT      ELECTRONS/SHELL              …

Started by sunshaker

0 Dec 12, 2012

Are we just holograms in a reality which is merely an illusion?

When you pound your head on the wall (something I'm sure we all do several times a day), did you know that your head never touches the wall…

Started by Unseen

6 Jul 19, 2012
Reply by All And One

GIVEAWAY!!! Win a copy of Prof. Lawrence Krauss's A Universe From Nothing!

EDIT2: This giveaway has concluded. Thanks to everyone that entered or purchased the book through the TA Radio Show bookstore! Tune in to t…

Started by Think Atheist

43 Jan 15, 2012
Reply by erik112358

Physics?

Okay, so I frequent an online chat room moderated by youtube apologist/egomaniac Shockofgod.  I have to say about him and the experiences I…

Started by Keith J.

52 Apr 22, 2011
Reply by Akshay Bist

RSS

Blog Posts

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 4 Comments

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service