All Discussions Tagged 'truth' (9)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Proof that God exists: Help me refute these arguments.

http://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html this is a webpage that i found the other day and I was wondering what other atheists thou…

Started by Jon Heim

34 Jul 13
Reply by H3xx

Agnostic/Atheist, You either believe or you don't.

Merriam/Webster DictionaryAgnostic: 1. A person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; b…

Started by Rick Yost

13 Jun 10, 2013
Reply by Unseen

Are the laws of logic self-evident?

There are three basic laws of logic: the law of identity (A=A), the law of non-contradiction (something can't be both true and false at the…

Started by Alex

1 Jul 21, 2012
Reply by Shayla

Evidence and Truth

On my travels on the world wide web during my many debates with theists of all faiths, there are two terms in particular in which I see but…

Started by Nerdy Keith

2 Jul 17, 2012
Reply by Nerdy Keith

Why is logical reasoning such a useful tool?

Most of us here use rigorous logic and reasoning when evaluating the world around us. My question is, why do you think that it's such a use…

Started by Alex

4 Sep 8, 2011
Reply by Unseen

"Facts don't prove anything" Discuss.

I was recently having a discussion/debate via Facebook with one of the most conservative, religious people I know regarding the existence o…

Started by Sol Invictus

19 Jun 17, 2010
Reply by doone

Sex, Homosexuality, Marriage, Biology, Religion, and America

The American people have been in denial about the reality of human sexuality for far too long. The infant science of Sexology [the biologi…

Started by Skycomet the Fallen Angel

73 Jun 1, 2010
Reply by M

Something to ponder.

So, here's an interesting thought.Let's say that you were to find significant evidence that the reality that you perceive is nothing more t…

Started by Kris

20 Feb 27, 2010
Reply by Cara Coleen

Divine Right: The Truth is a Lie — An Atheist Defends Atheism

Initially, I was going to post this as a rebuttal to refute the letter written by Bruce Sheiman and any misconceptions that fence-sitters m…

Started by Jacqueline Sarah Homan

161 Jan 22, 2010
Reply by T A A

RSS

Forum

The Cross

Started by Belle Rose in Religion and the Religious, Atheism and Atheists. Last reply by Davis Goodman 1 hour ago. 21 Replies

Help Think Atheist!

Started by David Smith in Theistic Arguments and Debate Help. Last reply by Simon Mathews 9 hours ago. 18 Replies

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by MikeLong 19 hours ago. 38 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service