All Discussions Tagged 'thinking' (9)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

I Think Atheist, but ...

Quite some time ago a selection of videos were posted to Think Atheist, YouTube and other video sharing website on "Why We Think Atheist".…

Started by Nerdy Keith

19 Jan 15
Reply by Davis Goodman

"Critical Thinking Crash Course" by Peter Boghossian (video, with notes)

My notes (which may or may not be helpful):"Don't believe everything you think."** Critical thinking is about discerning truth from falsit…

Started by Raymond Barrett

1 Nov 24, 2013
Reply by Raymond Barrett

On the subject of rational thinking! Conspiracy theorists!?

If you believe something is evidence... ask yourself is this really proof? Is this scientific proof? Would this hold up in court? Or is i…

Started by dragotron

71 Feb 11, 2013
Reply by Gregg R Thomas

CONTEST!: Win a copy of Christopher DiCarlo's How to Become a Really Good Pain in the Ass!

UPDATE2: The contest has now concluded. Thanks to everyone that entered! Remember, tune in to the show tonight to find out if you've won!…

Started by Think Atheist

9 Oct 2, 2011
Reply by Ralph Oswald

Any Magazine Recommendations?

I'm thinking about getting a magazine that is about science, skepticism, and critical thinking. You know, something most of us here would e…

Started by Alex

3 Jan 22, 2011
Reply by Alex

Start thinking atheist just through "self-learning"?

Hi all,i found this site some months ago and I was really happy about that, because I was hardly argueing about religion at school during m…

Started by Ben

11 Nov 5, 2010
Reply by Loop Johnny

Power of thought

I am sure some of you here have heard ofDr. Emoto and the water crystals. I think I first heard of it about 5yrs ago on the internet. In 20…

Started by jen o

12 Jul 17, 2009
Reply by GT

Critical Thinking in school

Is the fact that people still believe in things like Noahs Ark, people living in whales, talking donkeys is a failure by schools to teach c…

Started by Kenndy

17 May 21, 2009
Reply by Michel A. Poisson

Positvely Misguided: The Myths & Mistakes of the Positive Thinking Movement

Written by Steve Salerno of www.Skeptic.com My college football coach was the kind of guy Stanley Kubrik must have had in mind when he con…

Started by CJoe

4 Apr 22, 2009
Reply by CJoe

RSS

Forum

Why do we tolerate this?

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Ron Humphrey 34 minutes ago. 20 Replies

Ear-piercing a baby

Started by Simon Mathews in Atheist Parenting 41 minutes ago. 0 Replies

Torture Report release today

Started by Unseen in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Simon Mathews 3 hours ago. 113 Replies

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Simon Mathews 4 hours ago. 6 Replies

Blog Posts

Pabst Blue Ribbon to the rescue!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 9:33pm 0 Comments

Finally, a cool billboard in Arkansas!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 8:21am 2 Comments

Atheist Sites

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service