All Discussions Tagged 'theism' (18)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Theodore Roosevelt, Like Many of America's Founders, Not A Theist?

My evidence is in the early minutes of Part Two of Ken Burns' documentary.On TR's first day in the Executive Mansion, September 23 1901, he…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

3 Sep 17
Reply by Simon Mathews

What is the value of Atheism to humanity?

Of it's self Atheism makes a simple statement, a rejection of the belief in deities. There is nothing else here, no philosophy of life, of…

Started by Charles J Hunsinger

120 Sep 14
Reply by Mo Trauen

As an Atheist how should one view humanity?

We, us Atheists, are a great minority in the populations of the planet and insignificant when it comes to impact. This position of ours, th…

Started by Charles J Hunsinger

0 Aug 31

Hey world: Is belief in God essential to morality?

Is belief in God essential to morality? That's what the Gallup organization asked of 40,000 people in 40 countries in 2011, 2013 and 2014.…

Started by Gallup's Mirror

12 Mar 21
Reply by Teri G

Theists and a Lack of Originality

Fellow atheists do you think that the majority of theists online tend to be quite predictable, when it comes to debating religion's effect…

Started by Nerdy Keith

43 May 3, 2013
Reply by Dr. Bob

Can Atheists and Theists co-exist?

Hello fellow non-believers! I am new to TA but the question I pose is certainly not a fresh one: Can Atheists and Theists co-exist? We all…

Started by Danny Steel

118 Feb 15, 2013
Reply by James Cox

[Christian Challenge] I propose: Please name specific, rather simplified, examples and evident proof that morality is rooted in Religion.

I've seen plenty of ruthless debates on YouTube of non-believers literally destroy the opposing defending "faither" on claims of morality.…

Started by Corey Nemec

1 Oct 31, 2012
Reply by Sagacious Hawk

CONTEST!!: Win a copy of Dr. Alex Rosenberg's The Atheist's Guide to Reality!!!

EDIT2: The contest is now concluded. Thanks to everyone who entered! Remember to catch the interview to find out the names of the winners a…

Started by Think Atheist

5 Nov 6, 2011
Reply by Smokey12499

CONTEST!!: Win a copy of Thomas Riskas's Deconstructing Mormonism!

EDIT2: The contest is now concluded. Thanks to everyone who entered! Remember to catch the interview to find out the names of the winners…

Started by Think Atheist

7 Oct 15, 2011
Reply by Sanjiv Bhattacharya

Argumentation as Evidence for God

MOD EDIT: Title changed to better reflect the nature of this posting. -----------------------------------------------------     As promised…

Started by Kevin Harris

196 Jun 3, 2011
Reply by Nathan Palo

RSS

Forum

Torture Report release today

Started by Unseen in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Davis Goodman 37 minutes ago. 121 Replies

Ear-piercing a baby

Started by Simon Mathews in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Belle Rose 1 hour ago. 6 Replies

Why do we tolerate this?

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Pope Beanie 2 hours ago. 25 Replies

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Virgil 4 hours ago. 202 Replies

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Erock68la 7 hours ago. 7 Replies

Blog Posts

Pabst Blue Ribbon to the rescue!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 9:33pm 0 Comments

Finally, a cool billboard in Arkansas!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 8:21am 2 Comments

Atheist Sites

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service