All Discussions Tagged 'state' (24)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Fort Bragg vs. Atheists?

The organizers of the upcoming Rock Beyond Belief concert at Fort Bragg, NC have been forced to cancel the event because the authorities th…

Started by Sol Invictus

4 Mar 15, 2011
Reply by Keith Pinster

A possible violation of the first amendment?

What do you think? Is this a violation of the separation of church and state? It's noted that the government can neither inhibit nor promo…

Started by Anathema6205

0 Jan 4, 2011

Bible belt - represent

So I go to a public school, I live in the bible belt in a very small community. The total sum of children going to my school is about 1500-…

Started by Seth B Rollings

5 Nov 27, 2010
Reply by Seth B Rollings

Unjustified doctrines are the cause.

Doctrine = A belief or set of beliefs held and taught by a church, political party, or other group I noticed doctrine is not applied only…

Started by Loop Johnny

0 Nov 5, 2010

Obama's Religion?

By ALAN FRAM, Associated Press Writer Alan Fram, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 8 mins ago WASHINGTON – The White House insisted on T…

Started by Jon Heim

22 Nov 4, 2010
Reply by Matt Peters

Ignoring Separation of Church and State

I've seen much of this going on as of late- and Christians are most often the culprit. They willfully ignore the first amendment just to bu…

Started by Anathema6205

2 Oct 23, 2010
Reply by Reggie

Church, State and the First Amendment: What O’Donnell needs to know

By Ken PaulsonPresident, the First Amendment CenterSometimes political debates generate light as well as heat.Delaware Republican Senate ca…

Started by Jon Heim

0 Oct 20, 2010

O'Donnell questions separation of church, state

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/articles/2010/10/19/odonnell_questions_separation_of_church_state/?p1=Well_MostPop_Emailed3   "WILMINGT…

Started by RD Lawson

1 Oct 19, 2010
Reply by Jason Paisley

How much do you know?

How much do you know about the separation of church and state? How much do you know about the bible?Take these quizzes to find out. http://…

Started by Jon Heim

0 Oct 2, 2010

Origin of Senate / house Chaplain? Stumped on a question

I ran into a debate where this question was raised, naturally when I lack the knowledge of an issue I either concede or pursue the knowledg…

Started by Kris Potter

2 Aug 29, 2010
Reply by doone

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Things you hate.

Started by Devlin Cuite in Small Talk. Last reply by James Cox 19 minutes ago. 122 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service