All Discussions Tagged 'sin' (9)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

We Are All Born Sinners?

I wanted to get everyones perspective on the Christian mentality of "We are all born sinners". Obviously this is not a sentiment I agree…

Started by Nerdy Keith

70 Jul 16
Reply by Gregg R Thomas

Hypothetical Question - What would society be like if there were no consequences?

What kind of a society (sans a god) do you think we would have if everyone believed they were born bad,couldn't help but to do bad--but tha…

Started by Cathy Cooper

155 Jan 23, 2013
Reply by Cathy Cooper

Why sin does not exist--according to what most Christians believe.

In relation to my previous discussion on ethics, I am interested in others views on "sin." Now, for a Christian that believes Jesus dies to…

Started by Cathy Cooper

12 Jan 19, 2013
Reply by Gallup's Mirror

If God is omnipotent, then their is no sin.

Check out what I read in Portable Atheist, from Bertrand Russell's An Outline of Intellectual Rubbish:   "There are logical difficulties in…

Started by Alex

31 Jul 2, 2012
Reply by Mark Kirschner

This can disprove god.

In my point of view: If homosexuality is a sin to christianity, and since it's not a choice and inborn, like science proves, can't this dis…

Started by Esther Rhymes

25 May 10, 2011
Reply by Nate Bauder

Christian Sterotypes

Hi all, I found this article online and thought it was interesting. When i was a christian i was very liberal and didn't really like the ha…

Started by Bluradio

7 Jan 4, 2011
Reply by Dave G

The immorality of the Resurrection myth

I've just finished reading "God is Not Great" by Christopher Hitchens - fanTAStic book. Close to the end he discusses the myth of the Resur…

Started by tsuken

1 Dec 3, 2010
Reply by Boci Boci Tarka

"Twas But a Delusion of Satan." [Aka... "The Devil Made Me Do It."]

What is it with religious people and refusing to take responsibility for their own TRUE sins? If you wonder about the title, this was taken…

Started by Skycomet the Fallen Angel

13 Nov 15, 2010
Reply by Joli

Trick or Treat-- THEN REPENT!

So I take my daughter trick or treating for the first time with her little friend Alex, and at home I pull THIS out of her bag: There wa…

Started by Ava Wilson

23 Nov 1, 2010
Reply by justin gold

RSS

Blog Posts

The Void of Silence

Posted by Carol Foley on July 31, 2014 at 11:02pm 0 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service