All Discussions Tagged 'science' (70)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

"When X changes my mind, I'm an atheist. What is X?" Is it a nonsense question?

Here, lightly paraphrased, are three assertions I found in a Kindle book from www.edge.org (What Have You Changed Your Mind About?). When t…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

7 Apr 19, 2012
Reply by Jewelz

Would indoctrinated kids be able to grasp the fundamentals of math and science in school if they weren't limited by religious beliefs?

I know this might seem quite obvious to some of you, but it's a question that popped up into my head and makes me wonder. When I was at sc…

Started by Jon van Rooyen

18 Apr 14, 2012
Reply by Eric Diaz

Another Dawkins Zinger - The Story of God (Part 16 of 18)

I was just surfing through youtube and I ran across a series of videos. The first is  entitled "The Story of God (Part 1 of 18) and there a…

Started by Tim

10 Mar 21, 2012
Reply by Onmyown

What Amendment to the Constitution Would YOU make?

I have an assignment for my political science class.  The assignment is to develop an amendment for the U.S. Constitution, and I am also go…

Started by Silenus

1 Mar 12, 2012
Reply by basement kitteh

Looking for Book Recommendation

Hello all.  I'm looking for a book recommendation for my mom.  She is Catholic, and I'm not trying to convert her to atheism, but I think s…

Started by Laura

15 Feb 13, 2012
Reply by Dylan Sloboda

Why do people need to justify their own existence?

Hey everybody,           Sorry if this has already been discussed. I looked around but didn't see anything really like this. Anyway, I was…

Started by Anders Herreid-O'Neill

2 Feb 5, 2012
Reply by No Nick for me

Human nature

It is my opinion that religion serves as a method of belief categorization. I could provide a lofty explanation with loads of detailed pers…

Started by Dustin Bowen

2 Dec 25, 2011
Reply by Dustin Bowen

Hello from Seattle

Hello, I am new to the site. Live in Seattle, but originally from the UK. Already noticed that the discussions here, despite differences in…

Started by KaraC

21 Dec 5, 2011
Reply by KaraC

"The Big Bang Theory": Televised mockery or homage to science?

(First, I realize that the show is already in its fourth season.  But I didn't have a television for a long time and, consequently, have on…

Started by Shine

43 Nov 10, 2011
Reply by Dave G

CONTEST!!: Win a copy of Dr. Alex Rosenberg's The Atheist's Guide to Reality!!!

EDIT2: The contest is now concluded. Thanks to everyone who entered! Remember to catch the interview to find out the names of the winners a…

Started by Think Atheist

5 Nov 6, 2011
Reply by Smokey12499

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service