All Discussions Tagged 'science' (68)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Noah's Arc? or Noah's COMET?! New Scientific Advances Give a Possible Insight into the "Great Flood" Myths

Okay, so I was watching a late night episode of Megadisasters because as usual I couldn't sleep. [seems I am a chronic insomniac! lol]. Any…

Started by Skycomet the Fallen Angel

16 May 16, 2013
Reply by Doug Reardon

The Celestial Teapot Blog Wants You!

Hi everyone. We are starting up a brand new blog and would love to have some fresh voices join in. For more info about us, please visitour…

Started by CelestialTeapot

0 May 11, 2013

Science Is Like Sculpting Models of Reality; Religion Is Like Showcasing a Favorite Myth

A complaint I hear from religionists about science: It's all just a bunch of theories. Science is constantly proving previous science as in…

Started by Pope Beanie

0 Apr 26, 2013

Dark matter

I came across this and thought it was  pretty cool.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22155222 The way physics is going we are g…

Started by angela kozma

0 Apr 15, 2013

Atheist / Agostic Debate

I've heard a bunch of quite well-known scientists and other famous people (e.g. Niel deGrasse Tyson, Bill Nye) who have claimed that scient…

Started by Julian Fiander

54 Apr 4, 2013
Reply by Josh Westhoelter

Reaction to Christian Chain E-Mail and Atheist Alternative

I'm sure there are many posts on christian chain emails sent from family and friends and how to deal with it as an atheist. I just received…

Started by Randy Riggs

24 Apr 4, 2013
Reply by Kairan Nierde

"Top Arguments for the Science Minded"

I was browsing some christian forums when I found this piece. I didn't see any atheists actually reply to it though. (The site allows membe…

Started by Daniel Patrick Day

26 Dec 2, 2012
Reply by Katrin Schwarz

Embracing GMOs as Atheists

Hey all, I haven't visited TA in a while, nor have I posted in such amount of time either, but I have an inquiry that I hope some of you ma…

Started by Justin P.

95 May 5, 2012
Reply by Justin P.

"When X changes my mind, I'm an atheist. What is X?" Is it a nonsense question?

Here, lightly paraphrased, are three assertions I found in a Kindle book from www.edge.org (What Have You Changed Your Mind About?). When t…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

7 Apr 19, 2012
Reply by Jewelz

Would indoctrinated kids be able to grasp the fundamentals of math and science in school if they weren't limited by religious beliefs?

I know this might seem quite obvious to some of you, but it's a question that popped up into my head and makes me wonder. When I was at sc…

Started by Jon van Rooyen

18 Apr 14, 2012
Reply by Eric Diaz

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service