All Discussions Tagged 'school' (29)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Christian school 4th grade "science" quiz

This is an authentic 4th grade "science" quiz from a Christian school in South Carolina, which I'm pleased to report has been closed due to…

Started by Gallup's Mirror

20 Sep 2
Reply by Demetrius Alcala

Religion in schools

where I come from, teaching faith is nothing unique to 'faith schools' all secondary schools have compulsory R.E. class (religious educatio…

Started by David Smith

30 Jan 9
Reply by Nicolas Gauvin

Is There A Relationship Between “Affluenza” And School Shootings?

The word “affluenza” crept into our daily language this week when a Texas judge who in the past had sentenced a poor black youth to 10 year…

Started by Unseen

0 Dec 15, 2013

How would I.D be taught in schools?

We all know of the big debate within the American school system: teaching intelligent design. It seems all that I am hearing from that side…

Started by Scarlette Blues

64 Dec 11, 2013
Reply by David Smith

Teachers and Support Personnel of Schools

Teachers and support personnel of schools, there is a newly created Facebook group.  If you are interested in networking with other atheist…

Started by Betsy Cowie

0 Apr 30, 2013

Another "White Man's Burden"?

We've had several mass school shootings in recent years and they all, to my recollection, have one thing in common. They don't seem to happ…

Started by Unseen

28 Dec 22, 2012
Reply by Lewal

Secular Group Starting up at School.

Hey guys! I haven't been very active since I joined this site back in September, but I felt the need to comment. :) I just started college…

Started by Morgana

2 Feb 27, 2012
Reply by Morgana

Teaching religion, to foreign students, in a Buddhist country. No rest for me.....check this out.....

Okay so Ive been at my school in Thailand teaching 10 year olds (Science and English) for a year now. All my kids are Buddhist but the scho…

Started by Rich

0 Jan 9, 2012

Evolution help please?

So, being in AP Biology, our coursework for the year concerns evolution. We finally reached it and I'm astonished that 98% of my class lite…

Started by Adam Hanzel

3 Dec 23, 2011
Reply by Ceci

prayer at the beginning of school year

in my small town of Harrison i go to one of the top schools in the state i am one of the very few atheists at this school  but at the begin…

Started by Christopher Leon Bogardus

12 Dec 10, 2011
Reply by Reggie

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

Parents: help?

Started by Lee in Advice. Last reply by Lee 5 minutes ago. 7 Replies

An atheist book for children?

Started by Leonard Deke in Small Talk 4 hours ago. 0 Replies

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Gary Clouse 8 hours ago. 69 Replies

Blog Posts

In Avoidance of Anger

Posted by Pope Beanie on November 27, 2014 at 4:59pm 0 Comments

The plane that never crashed

Posted by Brazillian atheist on November 27, 2014 at 12:17pm 1 Comment

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service