All Discussions Tagged 'religion' (147)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

"If you don't accept Jesus as your savior, you're going to burn in Hell!"

You gotta love the irony of this rationale. Although, on the too-many times it's been yelled in my face, I wasn't able to really appreciate…

Started by Rick Yost

35 Jul 11, 2013
Reply by Nina van der Roos

If religion were to be abolished completely (Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, etc.), what do you believe would be the outcome because of it?

Hey, everyone! I was just wondering what you believe would happen if humans became smart enough to abolish religion? Personally, I believe…

Started by Kelli Conley

70 Jul 2, 2013
Reply by Dr. Bob

What Am I?

I've found individuals here that aren't really atheists, but maybe I'm not either. I didn't have a thing to do with choosing the word 'athe…

Started by Rick Yost

27 Jul 1, 2013
Reply by Pope Beanie

Do "atheist churches" help the cause?

Church without God - by design It’s Sunday in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and a rapt congregation listens to a chaplain preach about the impo…

Started by Unseen

0 Jun 24, 2013

"Say 'Amen' one hundred times each day." WHAT!?!?! Say 'So be it' a hundred times each day?

At the first religious service I've been to in about six years -- a funeral service for "Hank", a religious friend, the minister asked the…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

7 Jun 23, 2013
Reply by Kairan Nierde

'Smite Club'

What if religion wasn't such an intrusive, powerful and malicious organized system; interwoven through the fabric of our society? What if i…

Started by Rick Yost

8 Jun 20, 2013
Reply by Ron Humphrey

Agnostic/Atheist, You either believe or you don't.

Merriam/Webster DictionaryAgnostic: 1. A person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; b…

Started by Rick Yost

13 Jun 10, 2013
Reply by Unseen

To be an Atheist, or not to be an Atheist, that is the question

I do not 'believe'. I either know something to be true, I know it to be false, or I simply don't know.I don't have to have an answer for ev…

Started by Rick Yost

0 May 28, 2013

The Problem With Belief

Watching a discussion between Dawkins and Krauss (please watch the video on my Fun Media page) and in the Q and A section they talked about…

Started by Real Life James Bond

76 May 2, 2013
Reply by Alana

Science Is Like Sculpting Models of Reality; Religion Is Like Showcasing a Favorite Myth

A complaint I hear from religionists about science: It's all just a bunch of theories. Science is constantly proving previous science as in…

Started by Pope Beanie

0 Apr 26, 2013

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Things you hate.

Started by Devlin Cuite in Small Talk. Last reply by Ari E. S. 1 hour ago. 67 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service