All Discussions Tagged 'religion' (153)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Proof of higher morality for atheists

It seems to me quite morally-telling that well-read atheists, those who have learned just how easy it is to become a huckster, create a new…

Started by IkeArrumba

20 Mar 15
Reply by Pope Beanie

How religious is the world? The answer may surprise you.

It can be difficult to find research on religiosity on a global scale, particularly where atheism and irreligion are included as distinct c…

Started by Gallup's Mirror

0 Feb 21

Wilfully Ignorent Gay Theists

You may think of this discussion as somewhat of a reprise or follow up to an earlier discussion of mine "Guilty Gay Theists".  This issue…

Started by Nerdy Keith

18 Jan 27
Reply by Davis Goodman

The better part of religion / Why do you not need religion?

some religious people really do benefit from aspects of their religion/belief structure, no question in that.  But does it have to be that…

Started by David Smith

11 Jan 9
Reply by James Cox

Religion in schools

where I come from, teaching faith is nothing unique to 'faith schools' all secondary schools have compulsory R.E. class (religious educatio…

Started by David Smith

30 Jan 9
Reply by Nicolas Gauvin

The Biggest Practical Joke on Humanity

Is religion the biggest practical joke on humanity, in which so many are still tragically falling for? This is to contrast the silly ph…

Started by Nerdy Keith

3 Jan 1
Reply by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp

New theory of atheist morality

I've developed a "new" theory of atheist morality.  I wondered if anyone would like to have a go at critiquing it.  The first two principle…

Started by Simon Paynton

36 Dec 22, 2013
Reply by Simon Paynton

Federal judge strikes down Utah anti-polygamy law

He effectively struck the law down by gutting the core of the law as unconstitutional. A federal judge has found key parts of Utah’s anti-p…

Started by Unseen

0 Dec 15, 2013

Atheist by example

My wife and I are both atheists. We would prefer both our children and grandchildren to also be atheists, and not be twisted and convoluted…

Started by Rick Yost

6 Dec 11, 2013
Reply by David Smith

Where Is God?

If you google that question most of what you get are explanations of why God allows so much suffering and proofs of God’s existence. For lo…

Started by Giddian Beer

62 Nov 7, 2013
Reply by Jimmy

RSS

Blog Posts

My Dad and the Communist Spies

Posted by Brad Snowder on August 20, 2014 at 2:39pm 0 Comments

Breaking Free

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 20, 2014 at 9:56am 4 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service