All Discussions Tagged 'public' (13)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Poll: do you trust science or religion?

The results are in. A recent AP-GFK poll found that Americans tend to disregard scientific evidence wherever it conflicts with religious po…

Started by Gallup's Mirror

0 Apr 21

McDonald's is on public assistance

Interesting article on this topic says that the public support taxpayers give McDonald's underpaid employees is nearly the same as McDonald…

Started by Unseen

11 Oct 27, 2013
Reply by Gallup's Mirror

Utah State Senator Proposes Ending Mandatory Education

You know, I'm a lifelong Democrat, so when I saw this headline on huffingtonpost.com: "Aaron Osmond, Utah State Senator, Calls For End To M…

Started by Unseen

0 Jul 18, 2013

Teachers and Support Personnel of Schools

Teachers and support personnel of schools, there is a newly created Facebook group.  If you are interested in networking with other atheist…

Started by Betsy Cowie

0 Apr 30, 2013

"Let us [NOT] pray" at political events

I was a little peeved by the benediction during today's Inauguration Ceremony for Barack Obama. Private prayer (though still unhelpful) is…

Started by Arianne Nicole

30 Jan 25, 2013
Reply by Donald S. Chase

Atheist trends in the public at large and observing increasing levels of extremism in a dwindling number of faithful.

So I’m curious about the observations of the members of this community about the people around them and changing attitudes or opinions on f…

Started by Jared

1 Jan 23, 2012
Reply by Gideon Jagged

Should theists talk to God in public?

If I really believed in the Sky Fairy would people consider me odd or out of line for vocally conversing with him in public places?  Like a…

Started by Ed

5 Oct 24, 2011
Reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer

Promoting T/A at my College

I have been toying with the idea of promoting Think Atheist at my college for quite some time.  Just little ways, like perhaps a poster, or…

Started by Meghan V!

12 Apr 28, 2011
Reply by enlightenmentisntsoscary

Bible belt - represent

So I go to a public school, I live in the bible belt in a very small community. The total sum of children going to my school is about 1500-…

Started by Seth B Rollings

5 Nov 27, 2010
Reply by Seth B Rollings

CLEARLY UNCONSTITUTIONAL!! SO WHY IS IT ON THE BOOKS?!

Please join me to combat this! We MUST do something to fight this clear unconstitutional laws on the state constitutions! Organize a protes…

Started by Skycomet the Fallen Angel

26 Nov 21, 2010
Reply by Skycomet the Fallen Angel

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 28 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service