All Discussions Tagged 'psychology' (8)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Punishment as a parenting strategy

I am taking Introduction to psychology this semester and one of my assignments is to find two parents and ask them, "When do you think that…

Started by K_R

40 Sep 22
Reply by Erock68la

Essay on why Muslims are more violent.

I don't know if anyone else has come across this article before (published in 2011), but I'm interested in hearing thoughts on the article;…

Started by Nicole Swimley

1 May 11, 2012
Reply by Atheist Exile

Homosexuality - biological or psychological?

Disclaimer: I should say I am not a psychologist or biologist, though I have a few college level courses in the prior which probably color…

Started by Arcus

219 Dec 27, 2011
Reply by fester60613

What is the evolutionary purpose of religion?

The existence of religion among humans can be traced back tens of thousands of years. It is a belief set present in all mutually exclusive…

Started by Asher Isbrucker

5 Nov 14, 2011
Reply by Nelson

Atheists Are at a Higher Level of Morality than Theists

This Discussion is feature more Psychology Babble. So if you think you're heads going to explode from too many technical terms, feel free…

Started by Skycomet the Fallen Angel

40 Mar 18, 2011
Reply by Skycomet the Fallen Angel

Psychology - The Religious Mind and the Search for the Cause of Deconversion Personality

As many of you are already aware, I am a psychology major. I am also [of late] considering a double major with History, but that is beside…

Started by Skycomet the Fallen Angel

1 Sep 3, 2010
Reply by No name

I Don't Want Your Pity on Account of my Atheism!

My mother and I have never really clicked. In fact, that could be the understatement of the century. But I accept it. It's what I've become…

Started by Amy Victoria

71 Aug 4, 2010
Reply by Jon Heim

Disgust and moral opinions

doone pointed out an interesting article on ScienceDaily that discusses some recent studies that found a correlation between ones sensitivi…

Started by Dave G

2 Jun 25, 2009
Reply by Misty: Baytheist Living!

RSS

Forum

Ear-piercing a baby

Started by Simon Mathews in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Belle Rose 2 hours ago. 18 Replies

Is There Any Ex-Mennonites or Ex-Amish On This Site?

Started by Jessica Miller in Advice. Last reply by Belle Rose 2 hours ago. 27 Replies

Torture Report release today

Started by Unseen in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Virgil 3 hours ago. 130 Replies

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by David Seidman 8 hours ago. 8 Replies

Why do we tolerate this?

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Pope Beanie 11 hours ago. 25 Replies

Blog Posts

How did that happen?

Posted by Belle Rose on December 19, 2014 at 4:36am 1 Comment

Pabst Blue Ribbon to the rescue!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 9:33pm 0 Comments

Atheist Sites

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service