All Discussions Tagged 'prayer' (41)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Prayer Rug? A good response?

Hey all,   I've lurked here for a little while and haven't posted much... but I received some ridiculous mail today and thought you guys wo…

Started by Michael Murphy

6 Aug 1, 2011
Reply by Amy L. Cook

Student Ostracized for Atheism

Has anyone followed this at all?  My cousin tipped me off to it.   Damon Fowler

Started by M

6 Jun 2, 2011
Reply by M

If there was no reward for theists- no heaven or afterlife, would there be a reason to still believe in God?

I feel like there would be no purpose to worship a god if there were no promise of a reward. What do you think?

Started by Heather Henderson

3 May 31, 2011
Reply by Jason Ward

National Prayer Day- Constitutional or not?

I've had this debate several places, and the majority of answers were "of course its constitutional, you bigot! YOU don't have to pray!" *f…

Started by Anathema6205

16 May 9, 2011
Reply by Ron V

Is prayer bad?

I am offended by the idea of prayer. Am I in the minority here? Prayer, in my opinion, is the act of pretending you are doing something whe…

Started by A. Dave

4 Mar 20, 2011
Reply by Tara

Prayer at College Graduation

So, I just graduated from a 2 year technical college in December. At the beginning of our graduation ceremony they had a pastor lead us in…

Started by Ronald

14 Jan 31, 2011
Reply by Lindsey

"I'm praying for you"

My gf's family, and a lot of her friends are Christians, and when ever something's happening, I hear this phrase a lot. Once I had shared s…

Started by Doug Espi

27 Dec 23, 2010
Reply by M

"Parents' trial begins in death of Rhawnhurst toddler who did not receive medical care"

Posted on Wed, Dec. 8, 2010 Parents' trial begins in death of Rhawnhurst toddler who did not receive medical care By Joseph A. Slobodzian I…

Started by Amanda Artman

15 Dec 9, 2010
Reply by Brad J

Prayer request to an atheist..umm...

This is an invite from a pentecostal friend of the family. The facebook "event" was called Prayers for Bailee, and was directly sent to me…

Started by Jon Heim

15 Nov 9, 2010
Reply by Rex M

Ideas for continuing discussion with polite theist

Ok, so there is a thread on a gaming forum where someone is asking the community to pray for his sick mother.  I was bored at work and ende…

Started by Apple

4 Nov 5, 2010
Reply by kris feenstra

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service