All Discussions Tagged 'prayer' (37)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is prayer bad?

I am offended by the idea of prayer. Am I in the minority here? Prayer, in my opinion, is the act of pretending you are doing something whe…

Started by A. Dave

4 Mar 20, 2011
Reply by Tara

Prayer at College Graduation

So, I just graduated from a 2 year technical college in December. At the beginning of our graduation ceremony they had a pastor lead us in…

Started by Ronald

14 Jan 31, 2011
Reply by Lindsey

"I'm praying for you"

My gf's family, and a lot of her friends are Christians, and when ever something's happening, I hear this phrase a lot. Once I had shared s…

Started by Doug Espi

27 Dec 23, 2010
Reply by M

"Parents' trial begins in death of Rhawnhurst toddler who did not receive medical care"

Posted on Wed, Dec. 8, 2010 Parents' trial begins in death of Rhawnhurst toddler who did not receive medical care By Joseph A. Slobodzian I…

Started by Amanda Artman

15 Dec 9, 2010
Reply by Brad J

Prayer request to an atheist..umm...

This is an invite from a pentecostal friend of the family. The facebook "event" was called Prayers for Bailee, and was directly sent to me…

Started by Jon Heim

15 Nov 9, 2010
Reply by Rex M

Ideas for continuing discussion with polite theist

Ok, so there is a thread on a gaming forum where someone is asking the community to pray for his sick mother.  I was bored at work and ende…

Started by Apple

4 Nov 5, 2010
Reply by kris feenstra

Army's First Blind Active-Duty Officer (Fox News Video)

So watch it here:http://video.foxnews.com/v/4339099/armys-first-blind-active-duty-officer/It was an interesting video interview, considerin…

Started by luvtheheaven

6 Sep 27, 2010
Reply by Mrs. Jones

I Don't Want Your Pity on Account of my Atheism!

My mother and I have never really clicked. In fact, that could be the understatement of the century. But I accept it. It's what I've become…

Started by Amy Victoria

71 Aug 4, 2010
Reply by Jon Heim

Haha Good Luck

While browsing celebutard gossip blogs this afternoon, I came across this little number and thought it was amusing.  I guess Katy Perry's d…

Started by baddy

5 Jul 5, 2010
Reply by Reggie

Time to Revisit 1983 ruling allowing Senate Chaplain?!

For those of you who live in the NPR/MPR frequency - you maybe already caught this:Senate Chaplain: Religious Leader For Secular Flock .  B…

Started by Christine Vyrnon

4 Jan 25, 2010
Reply by Gaytor

RSS

Forum

Your kid's friends

Started by Belle Rose in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by GTWilco 3 hours ago. 2 Replies

World conflict and problems other than Israel-Palestine.

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Gallup's Mirror 9 hours ago. 54 Replies

Is Anything Worth Saying Anymore?

Started by Ari E. S. in Small Talk. Last reply by Fragile Nokia 18 hours ago. 5 Replies

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service