All Discussions Tagged 'prayer' (35)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

"Pray for _____"

Recently, there have been many deaths, whether they are in pop culture or not.  There are constantly people saying and trending #Prayfor___…

Started by Melina Pappas

17 Jul 16, 2013
Reply by James Cox

is this insanity or what?

I have been watching the extensive promotion of the attempt by Nik Wallender to walk a tight wire across a portion of the Grand Canyon  The…

Started by Ron Humphrey

15 Jun 24, 2013
Reply by Unseen

A story about prayer

As a new member, I thought I would share a small story with everyone. Brief history: I was raised in a Pentecostal cult... I feel I have ne…

Started by Moiq Strickle

1 May 17, 2013
Reply by bongani muthwa

"Let us [NOT] pray" at political events

I was a little peeved by the benediction during today's Inauguration Ceremony for Barack Obama. Private prayer (though still unhelpful) is…

Started by Arianne Nicole

30 Jan 25, 2013
Reply by Donald S. Chase

What are the things a theist will say that gets under your skin?

I only have one thing I should not even be bothered by, when they say "I will pray for you"; it seems to trigger something inside me, I fee…

Started by Tom Pep

41 Dec 16, 2012
Reply by Reggie

Praying Healed Plants on the other side of the world (said my college psychology professor)

I had a psychology professor who told us that there was an experiment where people on the other side of the world were told to pray for the…

Started by dragotron

0 Nov 28, 2012

You and Hurricane Sandy (plus a few thoughts about pop-tarts and God)

As I write these words, the hurricane tracker is predicting Hurricane Sandy will slam into Atlantic City, New Jersey, about 60 miles south…

Started by Gallup's Mirror

0 Oct 28, 2012

Atheist Prayer

So I had an interesting discussion with a few religious friends of mine the other day (anyone else get grilled about atheism on a regular b…

Started by Sol Invictus

27 Sep 20, 2012
Reply by Sixx

What do I do?

I'm an outspoken atheist, but I also try my hardest to be respectful of those that are religious. But there comes a problem. Here's an exam…

Started by Elisha K.

54 Feb 13, 2012
Reply by Jared

Power of Prayer

Hello fellow atheists.  I am writing to ask for some help.  My parents aren't real religious but anytime we have talks about supernatural e…

Started by Brian

26 Jan 5, 2012
Reply by Kir Komrik

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Things you hate.

Started by Devlin Cuite in Small Talk. Last reply by Ari E. S. 1 hour ago. 67 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service