All Discussions Tagged 'politics' (49)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Real Life: What We Don't Say About Politics, Religion or Sexuality Because...

...what we want to say may frighten those whose approval we seek.   "What we don't talk about will be used to rule over us." I first heard…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

4 Oct 13
Reply by TJ

Grammar (selection-based) schools - are they socially divisive?

Our new Prime Minister, Theresa May, has announced her plans to expand the number of grammar schools in the UK (Guardian Article). For thos…

Started by Simon Mathews

30 Sep 22
Reply by Unseen

Corporate Bulldogs

So I'm working at a job that I love and am really good at!! Yaay! It gives me a pretty good work/life balance with unlimited income potenti…

Started by Belle Rose

24 Jul 26
Reply by Dr. Bob

Hell Has No Fury Like An Idealist Disappointed

The world we live in disappoints many idealists. I could write a book describing the furies I felt. Instead, I ask "When for most children…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

4 Nov 24, 2015
Reply by Pope Beanie

Political Scorecard: Separation of Church and State, Freedom of Religion

Here is a scorecard published by which rates U.S. politicians according to how well they support the Separation of Church and…

Started by Andrew

6 Jun 16, 2015
Reply by Andrew

Do Corporate Leaders Pay Attention to Their Bottom Line: Their Profits?

Customer protests have moved a few companies to quit ALEC (the most extreme of the many conservative lobbying organizations).Will customer…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

0 Nov 9, 2014

Adopted "-isms"

What school of thought do you identify most with, and why? I'm just beginning to look at philosophy, and find humanism attractive (AC Grayl…

Started by Renee

10 Jan 22, 2014
Reply by Kairan Nierde

Do we want to support a coup overthrowing a duly-elected government, or a duly-elected government which leans toward (Islamist) theocracy?…

Started by MikeLong

0 Jul 9, 2013

Do you want to know why Obama is such a crack?

Ya know, there is a lot of talk about change, but not a lot of real change happening wit people. What's up with that? To be really responsi…

Started by Lionel France

1 May 16, 2013
Reply by Pope Beanie

Who do you want as president?

Even though I am English, I still take an interest in American politics. At the moment, I am despairing that all the main players in this e…

Started by Sophie B

143 Jan 28, 2013
Reply by Unseen

Blog Posts

Sagittarius - the archer

Posted by Brad Snowder on October 22, 2016 at 4:10pm 1 Comment

Posted by Noon Alif on October 19, 2016 at 8:00pm 1 Comment

Services we love!

© 2016   Created by umar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service