All Discussions Tagged 'philosophy' (19)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is free will compatible with determinism?

I recently read a book called Freedom Evolves by the philosopher Daniel Dennett. In it, he puts forward the idea that free will is compatib…

Started by Simon Mathews

36 3 minutes ago
Reply by Davis Goodman

What is the value of Atheism to humanity?

Of it's self Atheism makes a simple statement, a rejection of the belief in deities. There is nothing else here, no philosophy of life, of…

Started by Charles J Hunsinger

120 Sep 14
Reply by Mo Trauen

Adopted "-isms"

What school of thought do you identify most with, and why? I'm just beginning to look at philosophy, and find humanism attractive (AC Grayl…

Started by Renee

10 Jan 22
Reply by Kairan Nierde

"Critical Thinking Crash Course" by Peter Boghossian (video, with notes)

My notes (which may or may not be helpful):"Don't believe everything you think."** Critical thinking is about discerning truth from falsit…

Started by Raymond Barrett

1 Nov 24, 2013
Reply by Raymond Barrett

An Atheist's Creed

Blundered across this in an academic paper, put together by a U.K. professor of philosophy, purporting to be the distilled creed/philosophi…

Started by Dr. Bob

27 Jul 12, 2013
Reply by kris feenstra

Reaction to Christian Chain E-Mail and Atheist Alternative

I'm sure there are many posts on christian chain emails sent from family and friends and how to deal with it as an atheist. I just received…

Started by Randy Riggs

24 Apr 4, 2013
Reply by Kairan Nierde

The most important question ever asked

Nietzsche writes in Beyond God and Evil of the 'new philosophers' future atheists who will reject all metaphysical notions, commanders and…

Started by Bo Fowler

89 Mar 12, 2013
Reply by Gallup's Mirror

"When X changes my mind, I'm an atheist. What is X?" Is it a nonsense question?

Here, lightly paraphrased, are three assertions I found in a Kindle book from www.edge.org (What Have You Changed Your Mind About?). When t…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

7 Apr 19, 2012
Reply by Jewelz

Third Eye (The Mind's Eye)

What is everyone's take on this subject? I think it is a fascinating philosophy. One of my favorite quotes ever is from a comedian named Bi…

Started by Dannan Monsell

2 Oct 25, 2011
Reply by Dannan Monsell

CONTEST!: Win a copy of Christopher DiCarlo's How to Become a Really Good Pain in the Ass!

UPDATE2: The contest has now concluded. Thanks to everyone that entered! Remember, tune in to the show tonight to find out if you've won!…

Started by Think Atheist

9 Oct 2, 2011
Reply by Ralph Oswald

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service