All Discussions Tagged 'morals' (23)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Things my Mum said and the underlying religious tones of society.

First off, I'd like to apologise for that title, got carried away. But anyway, here are a few things my mum said:   In response to someth…

Started by Edward Etheridge

0 Oct 19, 2013

Nazi Eugenics anyone??

Hello all, Just wanted to see what were some of the thought processes regarding the eugenics movement that took place with the Nazi Regime…

Started by Chase King

2 Sep 27, 2012
Reply by Doug Reardon

Peer Review Request: Where Do You Get Your Morals From?

'lo folks. So I got into it on Twitter with some nut that said "atheists can't have any morality" because he thinks the only logical source…

Started by Zevaeros

24 Mar 23, 2012
Reply by Dale Headley

Dalai Lama leads the way... Beyond Religion: Ethics for the whole world.

The famous and well loved English TV presenter, Parkinson, was once asked partake in a word association game where an interviewer would thr…

Started by gareth

2 Dec 11, 2011
Reply by gareth

Logical Ethics

So as a student I've always been fascinated with the idea of creating an ethics with as little subjectivity as possible and as much objecti…

Started by Robert McCauley

0 Nov 30, 2011

Should prostitution be illegal?

In my opinion, a person should be able to charge for services that they can give away if they want. Who are they hurting? Two or more conse…

Started by Robin

124 Jul 11, 2011
Reply by Me

Should there be laws that are based on certain morals?

In its "descriptive" sense, morality refers to personal or cultural values, codes of conduct or social mores that distinguish between rig…

Started by Robin

8 Jun 30, 2011
Reply by Robin

Inevitable Morality

As a new atheist, I'm interested to see what some non-believers use as their moral foundation.  Coming from a deeply Christian background,…

Started by Merlin Mercer

40 Jun 26, 2011
Reply by JAGubert

What makes someone a "grown up"?

I'm 22 years old and for financial reasons, I'm living with my parents now. A couple days ago, my father told me to "grow up". He was just…

Started by Lindsay Kreis

26 Jun 22, 2011
Reply by choSenfroZen

Is prayer bad?

I am offended by the idea of prayer. Am I in the minority here? Prayer, in my opinion, is the act of pretending you are doing something whe…

Started by A. Dave

4 Mar 20, 2011
Reply by Tara

RSS

Blog Posts

My Dad and the Communist Spies

Posted by Brad Snowder on August 20, 2014 at 2:39pm 0 Comments

Breaking Free

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 20, 2014 at 9:56am 4 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service