All Discussions Tagged 'morality' (25)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Tell me why being selfish is wrong.

Exactly as the title says. Tell me why being selfish is wrong.I'm not of the opinion that a rational, considered self-interest is wrong. I…

Started by Sagacious Hawk

111 Oct 8
Reply by Francis Francis

Hey world: Is belief in God essential to morality?

Is belief in God essential to morality? That's what the Gallup organization asked of 40,000 people in 40 countries in 2011, 2013 and 2014.…

Started by Gallup's Mirror

12 Mar 21
Reply by Teri G

Proof of higher morality for atheists

It seems to me quite morally-telling that well-read atheists, those who have learned just how easy it is to become a huckster, create a new…

Started by IkeArrumba

20 Mar 15
Reply by Pope Beanie

New theory of atheist morality

I've developed a "new" theory of atheist morality.  I wondered if anyone would like to have a go at critiquing it.  The first two principle…

Started by Simon Paynton

36 Dec 22, 2013
Reply by Simon Paynton

Hypothetical Question - What would society be like if there were no consequences?

What kind of a society (sans a god) do you think we would have if everyone believed they were born bad,couldn't help but to do bad--but tha…

Started by Cathy Cooper

155 Jan 23, 2013
Reply by Cathy Cooper

Nazi Eugenics anyone??

Hello all, Just wanted to see what were some of the thought processes regarding the eugenics movement that took place with the Nazi Regime…

Started by Chase King

2 Sep 27, 2012
Reply by Doug Reardon

Raising Children in a Church

First of all, I have been frequenting this site for a while but haven't gotten an account until now. I admire this community, though, and I…

Started by Emily DW

27 May 29, 2012
Reply by Emily DW

moral actions

It is moral act to defend what is right. This it would seem has immense implications for the secular and progressive atheist community. 

Started by Colin Mackay

1 Apr 16, 2012
Reply by Jacob

Peer Review Request: Where Do You Get Your Morals From?

'lo folks. So I got into it on Twitter with some nut that said "atheists can't have any morality" because he thinks the only logical source…

Started by Zevaeros

24 Mar 23, 2012
Reply by Dale Headley

Thoughts on Homosexuality?

I was sitting in my room on the computer when I suddenly got an urge to "try something new" with another woman. After I had repented, flogg…

Started by Shamari

132 Mar 15, 2012
Reply by kOrsan

RSS

Forum

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck 1 hour ago. 38 Replies

where when how who why ?

Started by aubrey knows nothing * in Small Talk. Last reply by Erock68la 2 hours ago. 3 Replies

Blog Posts

coexist

Posted by aubrey knows nothing * on October 23, 2014 at 9:25pm 1 Comment

A Life-Changing Confrontation

Posted by Belle Rose on October 23, 2014 at 2:55am 7 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service