All Discussions Tagged 'morality' (28)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What does it mean to have integrity?

I'm putting together a little article about integrity.  Have a think about it.  What does integrity mean to you, and what does it mean not…

Started by Simon Paynton

25 Sep 21
Reply by Simon Paynton

I'm confused about morality

What makes something moral or amoral? I feel like we've had this discussion a million times on Think Atheist in some way shape or form. I s…

Started by Belle Rose

235 Jul 9
Reply by Pope Beanie

It Seems Like Yahweh WANTS Sin To Occur

After considering the Holy Bible from my atheist point of view, I get the impression that Yahweh created humans KNOWING that they could sin…

Started by Peter

92 Mar 26
Reply by Mai

Tell me why being selfish is wrong.

Exactly as the title says. Tell me why being selfish is wrong.I'm not of the opinion that a rational, considered self-interest is wrong. I…

Started by Sagacious Hawk

111 Oct 8, 2014
Reply by Francis Francis

Hey world: Is belief in God essential to morality?

Is belief in God essential to morality? That's what the Gallup organization asked of 40,000 people in 40 countries in 2011, 2013 and 2014.…

Started by Gallup's Mirror

12 Mar 21, 2014
Reply by Teri G

Proof of higher morality for atheists

It seems to me quite morally-telling that well-read atheists, those who have learned just how easy it is to become a huckster, create a new…

Started by IkeArrumba

20 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Pope Beanie

New theory of atheist morality

I've developed a "new" theory of atheist morality.  I wondered if anyone would like to have a go at critiquing it.  The first two principle…

Started by Simon Paynton

36 Dec 22, 2013
Reply by Simon Paynton

Hypothetical Question - What would society be like if there were no consequences?

What kind of a society (sans a god) do you think we would have if everyone believed they were born bad,couldn't help but to do bad--but tha…

Started by Cathy Cooper

155 Jan 23, 2013
Reply by Cathy Cooper

Nazi Eugenics anyone??

Hello all, Just wanted to see what were some of the thought processes regarding the eugenics movement that took place with the Nazi Regime…

Started by Chase King

2 Sep 27, 2012
Reply by Doug Reardon

Raising Children in a Church

First of all, I have been frequenting this site for a while but haven't gotten an account until now. I admire this community, though, and I…

Started by Emily DW

27 May 29, 2012
Reply by Emily DW

© 2015   Created by umar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service