All Discussions Tagged 'mental' (9)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

It Can Be Smothering At Times

http://bs-meter-reads-zero.blogspot.com/2013/04/you-are-christian-yet-you-write-these.html I live in a small town in South Carolina.....The…

Started by Katie Mac - Upstate Atheists

4 Jun 30, 2013
Reply by Katie Mac - Upstate Atheists

Smartphones dumbing down our youth?

Young people have become so reliant on electronic devices that some suffer from "digital dementia" giving them a limited attention span and…

Started by Unseen

3 Jun 28, 2013
Reply by Sagacious Hawk

I Don't Mean to Offend. I Am Smart But..Help Me Out

I would like to post a conversation I just had on Google+. I understand how my statements may sound offensive but I see things as I see it.…

Started by Shanna

64 Mar 5, 2013
Reply by Barry Adamson

What about a national database of future criminals?

One aspect of the gun control debate that's been getting a lot of discussion is that of a mental health background check of gun customers.…

Started by Unseen

0 Jan 13, 2013

Should We "Fix" The Other Cause Of Many Mass Killings?

While much of the discussion about stopping mass murder such as the recent slaughter at Sandy Hook Elementary School there is also a lot of…

Started by Unseen

0 Jan 10, 2013

Be Careful What You Wish For

If gun control does come, bear in mind it will be just part of a program to prevent such massacres in the future. If you listen to the gagg…

Started by Unseen

42 Dec 20, 2012
Reply by Graham

The damage religion done to the advancement and treatment of mental illness

Throughout history mental illness has not been dealt with as the serious and real problem it is. This stems from the view religion that the…

Started by Richmond

2 Jan 22, 2011
Reply by Doug Reardon

Atheism, depression and the mental health system

Hi! I am a new member and this is my first post ever. I was recently diagnosed with post partum depression and I have been fighting the sys…

Started by Carmen

31 Jan 10, 2011
Reply by Carmen

7 reasons why religion is a form of mental illness

I would like to propose that religious beliefs be placed in the DSM as a category of mental illness for the following reasons: (1) Halluci…

Started by Loop Johnny

2 Dec 2, 2010
Reply by Loop Johnny

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service