All Discussions Tagged 'logic' (19)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Any people working in sales here? I have a question.

I'm basically retired, but took on a job doing fundraising for a respected musical institution. I'm new to telephone selling and am perplex…

Started by Unseen

17 Jan 14
Reply by Gregg R Thomas

Why do people believe in "God" in the first place

So today I had the utmost displeasure of debating with someone with theistic views (although they claimed not to be a theist) about why peo…

Started by Asidius

40 Dec 21, 2012
Reply by Grant TB

Are the laws of logic self-evident?

There are three basic laws of logic: the law of identity (A=A), the law of non-contradiction (something can't be both true and false at the…

Started by Alex

1 Jul 21, 2012
Reply by Shayla

Atheist Prejudices?

Hi fellow atheists! A small thought as to my own prejudices got me to wondering if these are linked to my atheist position. I know a lot of…

Started by Teri G

43 Apr 24, 2012
Reply by Unseen

A Question of Existence

A fellow atheist posed a series of questions to me the other day and I'm trying to land on the best answer. Basically, he asked the boolean…

Started by Forrest Schaeffer

5 Jan 23, 2012
Reply by Forrest Schaeffer

Logical Ethics

So as a student I've always been fascinated with the idea of creating an ethics with as little subjectivity as possible and as much objecti…

Started by Robert McCauley

0 Nov 30, 2011

Why is logical reasoning such a useful tool?

Most of us here use rigorous logic and reasoning when evaluating the world around us. My question is, why do you think that it's such a use…

Started by Alex

4 Sep 8, 2011
Reply by Unseen

Please Help... Discussion with Theist

http://forums.carm.org/vbb/showthread.php?64842-Why-I-dont-believe-in-leprechauns&p=1962522&viewfull=1#post1962522   Hopefully you…

Started by Nathan Hevenstone

2 Aug 18, 2011
Reply by Rocky john

Which religion is the most plausible?

I think it was on T/A that I read someone's response to a Christian who was rationalizing his religion.  The dissenter pointed out that eve…

Started by Meghan V!

105 Jun 5, 2011
Reply by erik112358

False dichotomy

Can someone explain to me what a dichotomy is? I have heard it in many places being mentioned, I wikied it and I can't seem to fully unders…

Started by Loop Johnny

15 Dec 19, 2010
Reply by Fred Werther

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

Marriage makes women fat?

Started by Logicallunatic in Small Talk. Last reply by Belle Rose 24 minutes ago. 9 Replies

What is the Destiny of Intelligence?

Started by Roy Plisko in Philosophy. Last reply by Unseen 1 hour ago. 21 Replies

conspiracy theories

Started by Seth Richardson in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 1 hour ago. 5 Replies

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service